The following content displays a map of the jobs location - London
Product Manager – In-store Media
This job has been closed.
What’s in it for you
We offer excellent benefits that help make Tesco a great place to work! These include but are not limited to:
- Annual bonus scheme
- Holiday starting at 25 days plus a personal day (and bank holidays)
- Great colleague discounts and deals, saving you money on everyday purchases, utility bills for the home and more
- Retirement savings plan – save between 4% and 7.5% and Tesco will match your contribution
- Buy as you earn and Save as you earn share schemes
- Opportunities to get on – take advantage of our ongoing learning opportunities and award-winning training to help you achieve the career you want
About the role
- As the Successful Product Manager for in store Media, you will guide our Retail Media Platform enabling advertisers, agencies, and partners to grow and operate at scale across our touchpoints in-store.
- We will focus on crafting relevant media and advertising experiences for our customers while providing flexible and innovative Ad serving capabilities to unlock the value of our inventory.
- You will be part of the Discovery product team, responsible for handling the product vision, strategy and development for a suite of services (APIs) and associated customer experiences that are key to solving problems related to how Tesco customers find, discover and build their baskets, across all verticals and in all Tesco markets.
You will be responsible for
Whilst specific responsibilities will be dependent upon the changing needs of the Tesco business, the following provides an overview of the role’s key responsibilities and measures;
- Roadmap ownership for Tesco’s media portfolio and associated advertising products across all our customers touchpoints digitally instore
- Defining and building high-scale, low latency advertising products, including definition and tuning of algorithmic parameters
- An experienced practitioner of Product Management, you will own, run and prioritise a focused backlog to deliver meaningful optimisation improvements and product releases across Tesco’s commerce touchpoints and associated advertising inventory, using metrics for coverage, relevance and performance
- Running the development plans: crafting the overall strategy, defining and prioritising business needs and working with the different business units to ensure their plans are coordinated
- Work with other Product Managers, stakeholders, Data Science and the Engineering teams to deliver the roadmap using agile methodologies: prioritising requirements, answering development questions and resolving issues, always putting the customer first
- Key point of contact for media stakeholders across Tesco and associated 3rd parties ensuring alignment around priorities and outcomes
You will need
- A methodical/ analytical approach and advanced problem-solving skills
- A high level of presentation and persuasion skills
- Highly numerate and comfortable working with data
- Ownership and responsiveness towards delivery of the product roadmap
- Strong decision making and prioritization skills, especially when multiple trade-offs are involved and faster decisions are required
- Strong communication skills and the ability to gain respect and trust of team members and others working with you
- Outcome focussed approach where the customer needs are forefront
- Knowledge of new technologies, marketplaces, and growth strategies
- Experience of working with API services and platforms an advantage
- Experience of Ad technologies and the digital media ecosystem also an advantage
Our vision at Tesco is to become every customer’s favourite way to shop, whether they are at home or out on the move. Our core purpose is “Serving our customers, communities and planet a little better every day”. Serving means more than a transactional relationship with our customers. It means acting as a responsible and sustainable business for all stakeholders, for the communities we are part of, and for the planet.
We are proud to have an inclusive culture at Tesco where everyone truly feels able to be themselves. At Tesco, we not only celebrate diversity, but recognise the value and opportunity it brings. We’re committed to creating a workplace where differences are valued, and make sure that all colleagues are given the same opportunities. We’re a big business with diverse working patterns and many business areas which means that we can find something that works for you. Everyone is welcome at Tesco.
We have recently announced that we are moving to a more blended working week – combining office and remote working. Our offices continue to be where we connect, collaborate and innovate. Talk to us about how this can work for you.
Note: Should you be successful in your application, your employment will be subject to and conditional upon you providing your bank account details on your agreed start date.
We’re proud to have been accredited Disability Confident Leader and we’re committed to providing a fully inclusive and accessible recruitment process. For further information on the accessibility support we can offer, please click here.