The following content displays a map of the jobs location - Kings Lynn
Operative - Fulfillment - Kings Lynn Hrwck Extra
This job has been closed.
What’s in it for you
- Holiday starting at 20 days plus a personal day rising to 22 days after 12 months (plus Bank holidays)
- 10% Discount Card increasing to 15% after every pay for a 4 day period
- Life assurance
- Retirement saving plan
- Great colleague deals and discounts, saving you money on everyday purchases
- Uniform provided
Click here to read more about the benefits we have available for our colleagues
Opportunities to get on - take advantage of our ongoing learning opportunities and award-winning training, to help you achieve the job and career you want.
Our Employee Assistance Programme helps you deal with life’s challenges.
Financial wellness - Tesco has partnered with experts to help you make the most of your money
Get involved in a range of fundraising activities with our long-term charity partners
About the role
|Days||From time||To time|
Customers are at the heart of everything we do.
It takes lots of different people to run a store/centre and this is a job for doers, with plenty of variety. It’s a committed role, full of everyday challenges, but that’s one of the things that makes it so exciting.
Being a colleague in one of our stores/centres means that you will help to serve our shoppers better every day as well as be part of a diverse and inclusive team.
You’ll meet great people, learn new things and be part of a professional diverse team where everyone is welcome.
You will be responsible for
Coordinating the team and operation to deliver the prefect online order:
- Always thinking safety first, looking down before stepping down and using equipment in a safe manner, following my training at all times.
- Knowing my customers and serving them with passion and pride; giving great service by picking the best quality products and packing trays carefully so products always arrive in pristine condition.
- Putting into practice the training I have received, so we all work safely, effectively and serve our customers brilliantly.
- Making decisions that are right for customers, delivering routines in the centre that meet the needs of customers at the right time.
- Being knowledgeable about my centre’s key performance indicators, understanding the part I play and what we need to do together to drive service and sales, reduce waste and shrink and deliver profit.
- Taking part in seasonal, community and charity events, creating a great inclusive atmosphere.
The centre is clean and tidy:
- Carrying out clean as you go routines as required, using and maintaining the clean as you go tools.
- Picking up litter as I see it around the centre/store.
- Taking any equipment that needs cleaning out of use.
I can get what I want:
- Picking the accurate products customers want and packing them with care.
- Picking food products of a high standard that I would pick for myself each time I complete a customer’s shopping.
- Picking food products with good date codes, sending the best possible date, not sending codes that go out of date today and never sending reduced to clear products that will have short date codes.
- Completing stock routines accurately ensuring the system always holds the right
- information to maintain availability.
The prices are good:
- Following the recommended substitutions on the picking device, using my common sense to pick the best product for my customer(s).
I don’t queue:
- Picking according to the system to achieve my pick rate, so deliveries can leave the store on time.
- Loading vans with orders accurately and on time.
The colleagues are helpful:
- Always putting the customer first and consider them in everything I do.
- Adapting the service you give to meet the customer’s individual needs.
- Being readily available to resolve customer queries, leaving them with a smile on their face.
- Adjusting the service I give to each customer to meet their needs.
You will need
- Speaking to them to understand their needs and how to ensure they get what they want.
- Everything they need, made better and easier.
- Outstanding value for everyone.
- Advice, inspiration and a smile.
- An easy, seamless, personalised experience.
- A thank you.
- Being proud of what we do.
- Creating a great place to work: happy, honest and inspiring.
- Providing us opportunities for us all to be our best.
- Building relationships based on shared values and respect.
- Where we all contribute, make a difference and can be ourselves.
- Creating new opportunities for young people, wherever we are in the world.
- Reversing the trend in obesity, in all our markets.
- Leading the industry in cutting our food waste.
Should you be successful in your application, your offer will be subject to and conditional upon you providing your bank account details before your agreed start date.
Our vision here at Tesco is to become every customer's favourite way to shop, whether they are at home or out on the move. Our core purpose is ‘Serving Britain's shoppers a little better every day’. Our business was built with a simple mission – to be the champion for customers, helping them to enjoy a better quality of life and an easier way of living. This hasn't changed. Customers want great products at great value which they can buy easily and it's our job to deliver this in the right way for them. In the UK, we serve some 66 shoppers every second, so it's our goal to ensure every one of those customers experiences just a little better service on each visit.
At Tesco, inclusion means that Everyone’s Welcome. Everyone is treated fairly and with respect; by valuing individuality and uniqueness we create a sense of belonging. Diversity and inclusion have always been at the heart of Tesco. It is embedded in our values: we treat people how they want to be treated. We always want our colleagues to feel they can be themselves at work and we are committed to helping them be at their best. Across the Tesco group we are building an inclusive workplace, a place to actively celebrate the cultures, personalities and preferences of our colleagues – who in turn help to build the success of our business and reflect the diversity of the communities we serve.
Tesco will only recruit individuals who have passed the school leaver’s age. To find out the school leavers age for your country please visit the following link; https://www.gov.uk/know-when-you-can-leave-school
We can only accept candidates over the age of 18 if the role requires working before 6:15 am or after 9:45 pm or involves working in areas such as the warehouse, beers, wines & spirits, counters, bakery and driving roles.
On the occasions where we have high volumes of applicants, some roles may close earlier than the advertised end date in order for us to manage all of the applicants appropriately. We will only be able to offer individual feedback to those candidates who attend an interview.
For more information about us please visit www.tescoplc.com