The following content displays a map of the jobs location - Welwyn Garden City
Infrastructure Architect - Azure
Job Reference tesco/TP/11428279/814191
What’s in it for you
We offer excellent benefits that help make Tesco a great place to work! These include but are not limited to:
- Annual bonus scheme
- Holiday starting at 25 days plus a personal day (and bank holidays)
- Great colleague discounts and deals, saving you money on everyday purchases, utility bills for the home and more
- Retirement savings plan – save between 4% and 7.5% and Tesco will match your contribution
- Buy as you earn and Save as you earn share schemes
- Opportunities to get on – take advantage of our ongoing learning opportunities and award-winning training to help you achieve the career you want
About the role
The Infrastructure Architect Systems Engineer III is responsible for contributing and maintaining the roadmaps for Infrastructure products. They collaborate extensively with application, engineering teams, stakeholders, customers, and vendors to evaluate new products and techniques; resulting in architecting and designing new and existing Infrastructure products for the wider Tesco Technology teams to consume.
You will be responsible for
- Contribute and maintain architecture roadmaps, including technology lifecycle management, for Infrastructure.
- Architect and design new infrastructure solutions to meet business requirements, while introducing automation and ensuring security is by design.
- Collaborate with other teams across all of Tesco Technology to understand their requirements and ensure infrastructure products are aligned.
- Contribute and develop Infrastructure as a Product
You will need
- SME (Subject Matter Expert) in at least one area of infrastructure; This encompasses multiple domains; private and public cloud, platforms, network security and connectivity, end-user computing, CI/CD and monitoring toolkit.
- Experience designing and deploying solutions for large, complex global organisations
- Analytical and structured approach to architecture, design, and process improvements
- Understands current application development techniques and their implications.
- Facilitate Tesco Technology’s Infrastructure transformation to modern platforms that can be consumed through APIs or portals. These solutions should allow Infrastructure to be consumed in a controlled, auditable, and repeatable manner, with automatic recovery and full end to end service monitoring and operationalisation.
- Understand, contribute, and develop Infrastructure as a Product
- Investigate and identify trends and emerging Infrastructure technologies and techniques that would deliver a significant improvement to Tesco’s business, application, or Infrastructure teams.
- Contribute and maintain the roadmap and product lifecycle for Infrastucture, advising on new technology products. To ensure capacity and scalability, as demand and usage evolve within Tesco.
- Contribute to the Architecture forum, ensuring that business projects are delivered using good infrastructure practices.
Our vision at Tesco is to become every customer’s favourite way to shop, whether they are at home or out on the move. Our core purpose is “Serving our customers, communities and planet a little better every day”. Serving means more than a transactional relationship with our customers. It means acting as a responsible and sustainable business for all stakeholders, for the communities we are part of, and for the planet.
We are proud to have an inclusive culture at Tesco where everyone truly feels able to be themselves. At Tesco, we not only celebrate diversity, but recognise the value and opportunity it brings. We’re committed to creating a workplace where differences are valued, and make sure that all colleagues are given the same opportunities. We’re a big business with diverse working patterns and many business areas which means that we can find something that works for you. Everyone is welcome at Tesco.
We have recently announced that we are moving to a more blended working week – combining office and remote working. Our offices continue to be where we connect, collaborate and innovate. Talk to us about how this can work for you.
Note: Should you be successful in your application, your employment will be subject to and conditional upon you providing your bank account details on your agreed start date.