The following content displays a map of the jobs location - Shire Park, Welwyn Garden City, Hertfordshire
Technical Manager - Pet - Parental Leave Cover (9-12 months)
This job has been closed.
What’s in it for you
We offer excellent benefits that help make Tesco a great place to work! These include but are not limited to:
- Annual bonus scheme.
- Holiday starting at 25 days plus a personal day (plus 8 Bank holidays).
- Retirement savings plan - save between 4% and 7.5% and Tesco will match your contribution.
- Life Assurance - 5 x contractual pay.
- Great colleague deals and discounts, saving you money on everyday purchases, eating out and utility bills for the home.
- Opportunities to get on - take advantage of our ongoing learning opportunities and award winning training, to help you achieve the job and career you want.
Click here to read more about the benefits we have available for our colleagues.
About the role
The role offers an exciting opportunity to join a dynamic team looking after technical for Pet within our Packaged Food Division.
As the technical lead within the category natural work team you will be responsible for the delivery of safe, legal and responsibly sourced products across the Pet area.
We are looking for someone who is bright, has great attention to detail, loves working with product and is passionate about delivering for customers (and their pets!)!
The role is perfect for someone with experience in a technical role in retail or industry looking for their next stretch.
The role offers an opportunity to build an expertise in the production types used across the pet supply base (from canning to cat litter) and gain an understanding of the pet and animal feed regulations.
The pet sector is a diverse and interesting area providing a brilliant platform to develop your skills and knowledge.
The role involves working with stakeholders within team, wider business and Tesco supply base.
You will be responsible for
- Risk assessing products to be safe, legal, responsibly sourced and meet the Tesco rules & policies.
- Managing and delivering the technical aspects of the product development critical path.
- Managing the delivery of our health and responsible sourcing agenda across the supply base.
- Managing products to always be great quality through on-going monitoring and improvements.
- Managing risk in our supply chains, from source, ingredients and raw materials, processing, manufacturing and Tesco routes to market (safety, business & reputational risks)
- Playing an active role in the supplier strategy for your area, ensuring we use the best suppliers & sources.
- Driving & developing supplier capability through collaborative engagement, setting clear goals and measuring progress, by having Joint Quality Plans (JQPs) in place with all relevant suppliers.
- Responding to complaints and incidents quickly and effectively, ensuring stakeholders are aware and relevant action is taken to protect customers and Tesco.
- Continue to learn new skills and keep abreast of the latest thinking in the industry to help drive innovation.
- Developing and coaching direct reports and supporting them to be their best.
- Following our Business Code of Conduct, acting with integrity and due diligence.
You will need
Operational skills relevant for this job:
- Supplier & Stakeholder - influencing, clear communication and presentation skills
- Project and critical path management
- End to end supply chain understanding
- Data Analysis and decision making
- Risk Assessment and management
- Good IT & Systems skills
Experience relevant for this job:
- Experience of working in the food/GNF industry
- Relevant experience/qualifications in related area
- Relevant product knowledge to deliver safe, legal, responsibly sourced products to the customer
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes
- Managing complex supply chains
Our vision at Tesco is to become every customer's favourite way to shop, whether they are at home or out on the move. Our core purpose is ‘Serving our customers, communities and planet a little better every day’. Serving means more than a transactional relationship with our customers. It means acting as a responsible and sustainable business for all stakeholders, for the communities we are part of and for the planet.
We are proud to have an inclusive culture at Tesco where everyone truly feels able to be themselves. At Tesco, we not only celebrate diversity, but recognise the value and opportunity it brings. We're committed to creating a workplace where differences are valued, and make sure that all colleagues are given the same opportunities. We're a big business with diverse working patterns and many business areas which means that we can find something that works for you. Everyone is welcome at Tesco.
We have recently announced that we will be moving towards a more blended working week – combining office and remote working. Our offices will continue to be where we connect, collaborate and innovate. Please talk to us to about how this can work for you.
NOTE: Should you be successful in your application, your offer will be subject to and conditional upon you providing your bank account details on your agreed start date.