The following content displays a map of the jobs location - Shire Park, Kestral Way, Welwyn Garden City
Property Asset Manager
The job has expired.
What’s in it for you
We offer excellent benefits that help make Tesco a great place to work! These include but aren’t limited to:
- Annual bonus scheme
- Holiday starting at 25 days plus a personal day (plus 8 Bank holidays)
- Retirement savings plan - save between 4% and 7.5% and Tesco will match your contribution
- Life Assurance - 5 x contractual pay
- Great colleague deals and discounts, saving you money on everyday purchases, eating out and utility bills for the home
- Opportunities to get on - take advantage of our ongoing learning opportunities and award-winning training, to help you achieve the job and career you want
Click here to read more about the benefits we have available for our colleagues
About the role
Property & Asset Management of a regional portfolio of stores (All formats) & Depots, plus all other operational, investment, closed/surplus land & buildings.
You will be responsible for
- Advising colleagues on all Property related matters
- Delivering income from the Investment Portfolio
- Ensuring Bad debt is properly controlled
- Delivering property profits through allocated disposals
- Managing external consultants, solicitors, managing agents and their associated costs
- Ensuring operational properties are occupied in accordance with general property law, their lease terms, their title and Health & Safety regulations (with the team being the day-to-day landlord/tenant contact)
- Approving all rents payable and credit control payments plans.
- Managing lease assignments, licence for alterations and dilapidations.
- Following our Business Code of Conduct, always acting with integrity and due diligence
- Having a good understanding of commercial landlord & tenant matters, and strong commercial awareness.
- Managing closures, security and major sites such as Head Office.
You will need
- Previous estate /asset management experience required.
- Responsiveness, resilience, influencing, good communications, ability to work under pressure
- Property Asset Management experience preferably with another multiple Retailer or an property company
- Landlord & Tenant and associated property law
- MRICS or other Property related qualification training available
Our vision at Tesco is to become every customer's favourite way to shop, whether they are at home or out on the move. Our core purpose is ‘Serving our customers, communities and planet a little better every day’. Serving means more than a transactional relationship with our customers. It means acting as a responsible and sustainable business for all stakeholders, for the communities we are part of and for the planet.
We are proud to have an inclusive culture at Tesco where everyone truly feels able to be themselves. At Tesco, we not only celebrate diversity, but recognise the value and opportunity it brings. We're committed to creating a workplace where differences are valued, and make sure that all colleagues are given the same opportunities. We're a big business with diverse working patterns and many business areas which means that we can find something that works for you. Everyone is welcome at Tesco.
We have recently announced that we will be moving towards a more blended working week – combining office and remote working. Our offices will continue to be where we connect, collaborate and innovate. Please talk to us to about how this can work for you.
NOTE: Should you be successful in your application, your offer will be subject to and conditional upon you providing your bank account details on your agreed start date.