The following content displays a map of the jobs location - London
Analytics Implementation Engineer
Job Reference tesco/TP/11331704/811309
What’s in it for you
We offer excellent benefits that help make Tesco a great place to work! These include but are not limited to:
- Annual bonus scheme
- Holiday starting at 25 days plus a personal day (and bank holidays)
- Great colleague discounts and deals, saving you money on everyday purchases, utility bills for the home and more
- Retirement savings plan – save between 4% and 7.5% and Tesco will match your contribution
- Buy as you earn and Save as you earn share schemes
- Opportunities to get on – take advantage of our ongoing learning opportunities and award-winning training to help you achieve the career you want
About the role
As an Analytics implementation specialist, you’ll bring your experiences of working in digital analytics, tagging and implementation roles to our Data Analytics practice and help execute our implementation strategy and enabling more informed and faster decisions by designing new analytics implementations and re-implementations and raising the implementation coverage across core sites alongside data quality enhancements.
At Tesco we encourage our implementation squad to spend time on their self development and play active roles in the analytics community giving you the opportunity to attend events, speak at conferences and universities and mentor others. There are always plenty of opportunities to learn new things.
You will be responsible for
Whilst specific responsibilities will be dependent upon the changing needs of Tesco as a business, the following provides an overview of the role’s key responsibilities and measures:
- Coding, QA and configuration of analytics tracking code.
- Implement TMS (GTM) changes. Support advance platforms implementation through TMS.
- Integrate data sources via web APIs.
- Follow a data quality assurance process, including implementation, measurement and user acceptance testing.
- Transfer knowledge of the business processes and requirements to the development teams.
- Collaboration with Product, Development, Content, Marketing teams to collect business requirements and translate into effective tracking requirements.
- This role will best suit an individual who enjoys working as part of a team, is well organised, pragmatic and a lateral thinker with an inquisitive mind who is motivated to make change for the better and, most importantly, puts our customers first.
You will need
- Ecommerce experience
- Mobile applications experience
- Considerable digital experience working on tracking implementations for Adobe and Google Analytics
- Prior experience of using analytics, data storage, data processing and business intelligence tools.
- Technical knowledge of Adobe and Google Analytics – how it works under the hood, how to implement on eCommerce platforms and how to debug and verify own work
- Strong understanding of digital analytics industry, tools and working practices.
- Prior experience in implementing Analytics for native mobile apps, able to demonstrate clear process of providing requirements, QA and sign-off
- Ability to communicate with people of different skills and levels.
- Flexibility, ability to plan and organise, responsiveness, creativity, self-starter
- Able to build solid working relationships with peers and senior leadership
- Ability to demonstrate strong written, verbal communication and presentation skills to all levels of seniority and disciplines within the organisation.
Our vision at Tesco is to become every customer’s favourite way to shop, whether they are at home or out on the move. Our core purpose is “Serving our customers, communities and planet a little better every day”. Serving means more than a transactional relationship with our customers. It means acting as a responsible and sustainable business for all stakeholders, for the communities we are part of, and for the planet.
We are proud to have an inclusive culture at Tesco where everyone truly feels able to be themselves. At Tesco, we not only celebrate diversity, but recognise the value and opportunity it brings. We’re committed to creating a workplace where differences are valued, and make sure that all colleagues are given the same opportunities. We’re a big business with diverse working patterns and many business areas which means that we can find something that works for you. Everyone is welcome at Tesco.
We have recently announced that we are moving to a more blended working week – combining office and remote working. Our offices continue to be where we connect, collaborate and innovate. Talk to us about how this can work for you.
Note: Should you be successful in your application, your employment will be subject to and conditional upon you providing your bank account details on your agreed start date.