The following content displays a map of the jobs location - Welwyn Garden City
Lead Product Manager - Recruitment
Job Reference tesco/TP/6301980/810744
This job has been closed.
What’s in it for you
We offer excellent benefits that help make Tesco a great place to work! These include but are not limited to:
- Annual bonus scheme
- Holiday starting at 25 days plus a personal day (and bank holidays)
- Great colleague discounts and deals, saving you money on everyday purchases, utility bills for the home and more
- Retirement savings plan – save between 4% and 7.5% and Tesco will match your contribution
- Buy as you earn and Save as you earn share schemes
- Opportunities to get on – take advantage of our ongoing learning opportunities and award-winning training to help you achieve the career you want
About the role
We have an amazing opportunity for an experienced Lead Product Manager to join Tesco’s Digital Colleague Experience Product Team, part of the wider Enabling Functions team. Where our mission is to transform how Tesco manages all aspects of its colleague facing tools and services.
As Lead Product Manager, you will be responsible for working with your team to define and execute the vision and strategy for your portfolio. With a focus on how we support the recruitment team in executing their strategy by providing a best in class end to end recruitment experience.
We are looking for an ambitious individual who can demonstrate a passion for solving problems, working collaboratively, and embracing technology and change, whilst coaching and supporting your Agile product management team. You’d be required to work with a large set of stakeholders including other Product Managers, Design, Data, Integrations, APIs, Architecture, Change, Marketing, and Recruitment teams.
The SaaS based product (provided by a 3rd party vendor) you will be responsible for is currently in the delivery stage. After the initial rollout, it is essential for us to identify opportunities to consistently enhance the value we provide to our business, colleagues, and customers. Previous experience working with SaaS products is advantageous
The business area is in the early stages of Agile transformation and as such we are looking for a strong Lead Product Manager to help continue to drive the changes required, champion the product framework and aid in the learning and upskilling of teams and key stakeholders so that product is embraced and valued.
You will be responsible for
Whilst specific responsibilities will be dependent upon the changing needs of the Tesco business, the following provides an overview of the role’s key responsibilities and measures;
- Have accountability for a complex product domain, and drive product strategy, roadmap, and execution for that by leading a team of talented PMs.
- Accountable for identifying the key measures of success (OKRs) and the resulting performance / adoption of my product(s)
- Relentlessly seek to understand the needs and pains of your customers and business stakeholders.
- Prioritise roadmaps and decisively resolve trade-offs with peers and senior leaders.
- Build and nurture a great team of Product Managers, empowering them to perform beyond their own expectations, by removing barriers and creating the right context for their success.
- Work alongside research, design, analytics, and engineering teams to design and develop solutions to solve real business needs.
- Relentlessly measure and communicate value created to all stakeholders, all of the time.
- Work as part of a wider product team, with a culture for shared goals, helping where appropriate as the need arises.
You will need
- Knowledge and experience of product management best practice and methodologies and strong technical experience
- Knowledge and experience in work with SaaS based products, and liasing with 3rd party vendors.
- Strong line management experience with ability to lead a team of experienced product managers.
- Technically competent to influence and understand the solution context and approach (legacy, tactical, strategic) and aid engineering in estimating the complexity of work being requested
- The ability to build strong working relationships with peers, stakeholders, and teams across the business. Able to leverage these relationships to build consensus, drive change, and deliver value
- Experience of working in a complex change environment which encompasses multiple product and engineering teams, both local and remote, to deliver company-wide (global) applications and features.
Our vision at Tesco is to become every customer’s favourite way to shop, whether they are at home or out on the move. Our core purpose is “Serving our customers, communities and planet a little better every day”. Serving means more than a transactional relationship with our customers. It means acting as a responsible and sustainable business for all stakeholders, for the communities we are part of, and for the planet.
We are proud to have an inclusive culture at Tesco where everyone truly feels able to be themselves. At Tesco, we not only celebrate diversity, but recognise the value and opportunity it brings. We’re committed to creating a workplace where differences are valued, and make sure that all colleagues are given the same opportunities. We’re a big business with diverse working patterns and many business areas which means that we can find something that works for you. Everyone is welcome at Tesco.
We have recently announced that we are moving to a more blended working week – combining office and remote working. Our offices continue to be where we connect, collaborate and innovate. Talk to us about how this can work for you.
Note: Should you be successful in your application, your employment will be subject to and conditional upon you providing your bank account details on your agreed start date.