The following content displays a map of the jobs location - Welwyn Garden City
Technical Programme Manager
Job Reference tesco/TP/12613887/809240
What’s in it for you
Our vision here at Tesco is to become every customer's favourite way to shop, whether they are at home, out shopping, on the move, anywhere in the world.
Everything is underpinned by our continuous drive for the best tools and technology to deliver our vision. We’re driving innovation and transforming our Technology to become the world’s leading retailer.
We need people who share our ambition to deliver for our stakeholders. Passionate and confident people willing to take the initiative and drive us forwards. In return we offer excitement, a great team, an excellent benefit package, and significant career development opportunities.
Joining us means playing a part in defining; building and launching an ambitious roadmap of digital products that could affect the lives of millions of people over the years to come.
If that sounds exciting, then we'd love to hear from you.
About the role
Technical Programme Managers (TPMs) deliver complex, cross-functional technology programmes that support colleagues and help serve our customers better. They work collaboratively, influence Product, Engineering and business colleagues and lead the programme to deliver value quickly and often.
You will be responsible for
Whilst specific responsibilities will be dependent upon the changing needs of the Tesco business, the following provides an overview of the role’s key responsibilities and measures:
- Deliver programmes with business and/or technical risks
- Optimise or use a standard programme delivery methodology for delivering programme goals (e.g. agile, waterfall, iterative)
- Bring together, coordinate, and energise virtual technology teams to deliver programme goals
- Create and track a plan to deliver the programme goals, including the technical implementation plan
- Understand trade-offs and resulting impacts; make impacts visible to Product, Infrastructure or Engineering for the right decision to be made
- Managing dependencies, delivery timelines and implementations plans, using my knowledge of technical architecture
- Appreciating and responding to delivery challenges, using my knowledge of engineering best practices and/or infrastructure implementations
- Understand technology concepts, grasp new ones quickly and appreciate their implications on delivery
- Effectively manage major incidents, ensuring stakeholders are updated with the right information to drive the correct decisions
- Build positive relationships with suppliers & external stakeholders to deliver software or professional services
- Coach peers and other roles, teaching where required, on methodologies and programme management tools
- This role will best suit an individual who enjoys working as part of a team, is well organised, pragmatic and a lateral thinker with an inquisitive mind who is motivated to make change for the better and, most importantly, puts our customers first.
You will need
Key Skills and Experience
An ideal candidate must have demonstrated below key skills in their current and past roles
- A proven record of accomplishment in delivering large programs at global scales.
- Experience of building credible relationships and influencing senior & leadership teams
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills – you must be able to articulate complex concepts to a diverse audience
- The ability to influence without authority.
- Flexibility, ability to plan and organise, responsiveness, self-starter
- Demonstrate resilience during change and continue delivery