The following content displays a map of the jobs location - Shire Park, Welwyn Garden City, Hertfordshire
Procurement Co-ordinator - Secondment
This job has been closed.
What’s in it for you
We offer excellent benefits that help make Tesco a great place to work! These include but are not limited to:
- Annual bonus scheme.
- Holiday starting at 20 days plus a personal day rising to 22 days after 12 months (plus 8 Bank holidays).
- Retirement savings plan - save between 4% and 7.5% and Tesco will match your contribution.
- Life Assurance - 5 x contractual pay.
- Great colleague deals and discounts, saving you money on everyday purchases, eating out and utility bills for the home.
- Opportunities to get on - take advantage of our ongoing learning opportunities and award-winning training, to help you achieve the job and career you want.
Click here to read more about the benefits we have available for our colleagues.
About the role
Our Procurement team manage over 1200 suppliers to ensure our customer availability is outstanding. The wider team cover promotional & seasonal forecasting, key supplier management, system management and supplier support and we look after Health & Beauty, Household, Beers Wines & Spirits, Grocery & Impulse areas
You will be responsible for
Whilst specific responsibilities will be dependent upon the changing needs of the Tesco business, the following provides an overview of the role’s key responsibilities and measures:
- Manage the Tesco system to ensure orders placed with suppliers are accurate and to the correct criteria
- Work with suppliers to improve availability of stock
- Manage any non-moving stock to ensure only the correct stock is in our warehouse
- Set up and manage the flow of new lines from Suppliers to our Distribution Centres
You will need
We are looking for driven and passionate people who are looking to embrace the many challenges supply chain encounters. We are always working towards changing process to improve the supply chain so resilience is key.
You’ll need to have demonstrated experience of:
- Excellent analytical skills
- Intermediate excel knowledge
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment
- Great attention to detail
- The passion to deliver for our Customers
- Ability to work well in a team and individually
Our vision at Tesco is to become every customer's favourite way to shop, whether they are at home or out on the move. Our core purpose is ‘Serving our customers, communities and planet a little better every day’. Serving means more than a transactional relationship with our customers. It means acting as a responsible and sustainable business for all stakeholders, for the communities we are part of and for the planet.
We are proud to have an inclusive culture at Tesco where everyone truly feels able to be themselves. At Tesco, we not only celebrate diversity, but recognise the value and opportunity it brings. We're committed to creating a workplace where differences are valued, and make sure that all colleagues are given the same opportunities. We're a big business with diverse working patterns and many business areas which means that we can find something that works for you. Everyone is welcome at Tesco.
We have recently announced that we will be moving towards a more blended working week – combining office and remote working. Our offices will continue to be where we connect, collaborate and innovate. Please talk to us to about how this can work for you.
NOTE: Should you be successful in your application, your offer will be subject to and conditional upon you providing your bank account details on your agreed start date.