The following content displays a map of the jobs location - Welwyn Garden City
Lead Technical Programme Manager - Workforce for the Future
Job Reference tesco/TP/12613887/806559
What’s in it for you
We offer excellent benefits that help make Tesco a great place to work! These include but are not limited to:
- Annual bonus scheme
- Holiday starting at 25 days plus a personal day (and bank holidays)
- Great colleague discounts and deals, saving you money on everyday purchases, utility bills for the home and more
- Retirement savings plan – save between 4% and 7.5% and Tesco will match your contribution
- Buy as you earn and Save as you earn share schemes
- Opportunities to get on – take advantage of our ongoing learning opportunities and award-winning training to help you achieve the career you want
About the role
We are looking for a Lead Technical Programme Manager looking to lead their own team in one of the most ambitious teams at Tesco.
There are a growing number of valuable, interdependent pieces of work within the Colleague domain that require co-ordination. The Workforce of the Future programme is a combination of behavioural & technical transformation to give colleagues rich capabilities & increase optimisation of the business. This is brought together within the MyTesco app which is the strategic product for engaging colleagues & supporting them to do their jobs.
You will be responsible for
In this role:
- Deliver sophisticated programmes with multiple business and technical risks that will impact the success of key Tesco business priorities
- Line manage a team to help deliver the associated outcome & develop talent within the TPM community
- Establish new or improve existing delivery methodology to deliver the programme goals
- Initiate and craft programmes with ambiguous scope and uncertain delivery approach
- Build and supervise a plan to deliver on programme goals, including the technical implementation plan
- Provide advice and guidance on programme delivery (mentoring other TPMs and supporting Engineering/Product teams)
- Understand trade-offs in software delivery, using experience and influencing skills to drive consensus with the Engineering and Product teams to acquire the best value and solution
- Foresee potential risks and issues, establish a process, facilitate discussion and handle customer issues
- Act on opportunities to embrace trends and new concepts in programme and product delivery
- Understand a technical architecture to be able to foresee the impact on dependencies, delivery timelines and implementation plans
- Have good knowledge of engineering standard methodologies and practical infrastructure implementations to appreciate delivery challenges
- Effectively manage major incidents, ensuring collaborators are updated with the right information to drive the accurate decisions
- Collaborate with the Product and Engineering teams to define annual budgetary requirements
- Build positive relationships with suppliers & external collaborators to deliver software or professional services
- Contribute to vendor selection processes (tendering, agreeing SLAs, warranty periods, outsourcing)
- Mentor peers and other roles, teaching where required, on methodologies and programme management tools and coach/mentor on leadership
- Take a leading role during the recruitment process and make final recruitment decisions
Does this sound like a role you would like to embark on? We would love to hear from you!
Our vision at Tesco is to become every customer’s favourite way to shop, whether they are at home or out on the move. Our core purpose is “Serving our customers, communities and planet a little better every day”. Serving means more than a transactional relationship with our customers. It means acting as a responsible and sustainable business for all stakeholders, for the communities we are part of, and for the planet.
We are proud to have an inclusive culture at Tesco where everyone truly feels able to be themselves. At Tesco, we not only celebrate diversity, but recognise the value and opportunity it brings. We’re committed to creating a workplace where differences are valued, and make sure that all colleagues are given the same opportunities. We’re a big business with diverse working patterns and many business areas which means that we can find something that works for you. Everyone is welcome at Tesco.
We have recently announced that we are moving to a more blended working week – combining office and remote working. Our offices continue to be where we connect, collaborate and innovate. Talk to us about how this can work for you.
Note: Should you be successful in your application, your employment will be subject to and conditional upon you providing your bank account details on your agreed start date.