The following content displays a map of the jobs location - London
Lead Technical Programme Manager
Job Reference tesco/TP/12613887/804371
What’s in it for you
We offer excellent benefits that help make Tesco a great place to work! These include but are not limited to:
- Annual bonus scheme
- Holiday starting at 25 days plus a personal day (and bank holidays)
- Great colleague discounts and deals, saving you money on everyday purchases, utility bills for the home and more
- Retirement savings plan – save between 4% and 7.5% and Tesco will match your contribution
- Buy as you earn and Save as you earn share schemes
- Opportunities to get on – take advantage of our ongoing learning opportunities and award-winning training to help you achieve the career you want
About the role
As a Lead Technical Programme Manager, We deliver sophisticated, cross-functional technology programmes that support colleagues and help us serve our customers better. We work collaboratively, influence Product, Engineering and business colleagues and own the programme to deliver value quickly and often.
You will be responsible for
Whilst specific responsibilities will be dependent upon the changing needs of the Tesco business, the following provides an overview of the role’s key responsibilities and measures:
- Lead and delivery programmes with multiple business and technical risks that will impact the success of key Tesco business priorities
- Handling development: resources, influencing technical direction and coordinating the development of Technology and business facing products.
- Define and supervise performance against customer and business critical metrics
- Managing Risks and Issues and influencing multiple dependent teams
- Establish new or improve existing delivery methodology to deliver on programme goals
- Build and supervise a plan to deliver the programme goals, including the technical implementation plan. Leading the release plan and customer communication and weekly Governance
- Understand trade-offs in delivery, using experience and influencing skills to drive consensus with our Business, Technology and Engineering teams to acquire the best value and solution
- Act on opportunities to embrace trends and new concepts in programme and product delivery
- Able to understand and drive a technical architecture to be able to foresee the impact on dependencies, delivery timelines and implementation plans
- Have good knowledge of System, Software and Data engineering and implementations standard methodologies to appreciate delivery challenges
- Understand technology concepts, grasp new ones quickly and appreciate their implications on delivery
- Effectively manage major incidents, ensuring collaborators are updated with the right information to drive the accurate decisions
- Collaborate with other team members and define annual budgetary requirements
- Build positive relationships with suppliers & external collaborators to deliver software or professional services
- Mentor peers and other roles, guiding where required, on methodologies and programme management tools and coach/mentor on leadership
- Take a leading role in the recruitment process and make final recruitment decisions
- Leading other TPMs in the team and coordinating their plans into wider programme plan
You will need
An ideal candidate must have demonstrated below key skills in their current and past roles:
- A knowledge of Agile methodology and a record of producing positive change in teams
- A proven track record of delivery of sophisticated technology across multiple teams and influencing product, engineering, and other colleagues
- Working optimally with and leading multi-disciplinary teams and understanding how to contribute to all phases of the software development lifecycle.
- Thinking at a conceptual level across several platforms
- Ability to articulate sophisticated concepts to a diverse audience.
Does this role sounds like your ideal next challenge? If so we would love to hear from you!
Our vision at Tesco is to become every customer’s favourite way to shop, whether they are at home or out on the move. Our core purpose is “Serving our customers, communities and planet a little better every day”. Serving means more than a transactional relationship with our customers. It means acting as a responsible and sustainable business for all stakeholders, for the communities we are part of, and for the planet.
We are proud to have an inclusive culture at Tesco where everyone truly feels able to be themselves. At Tesco, we not only celebrate diversity, but recognise the value and opportunity it brings. We’re committed to creating a workplace where differences are valued, and make sure that all colleagues are given the same opportunities. We’re a big business with diverse working patterns and many business areas which means that we can find something that works for you. Everyone is welcome at Tesco.
We have recently announced that we are moving to a more blended working week – combining office and remote working. Our offices continue to be where we connect, collaborate and innovate. Talk to us about how this can work for you.
Note: Should you be successful in your application, your employment will be subject to and conditional upon you providing your bank account details on your agreed start date.