The following content displays a map of the jobs location - Welwyn Garden City
Communications Manager - Mat Cover
Job Reference tesco/TP/6301980/804124
This job has been closed.
What’s in it for you
We offer excellent benefits that help make Tesco a great place to work! These include but are not limited to:
- Annual bonus scheme
- Holiday starting at 25 days plus a personal day (and bank holidays)
- Great colleague discounts and deals, saving you money on everyday purchases, utility bills for the home and more
- Retirement savings plan – save between 4% and 7.5% and Tesco will match your contribution
- Buy as you earn and Save as you earn share schemes
- Opportunities to get on – take advantage of our ongoing learning opportunities and award-winning training to help you achieve the career you want
About the role
In this role you will play a key role to effectively enable leadership to deliver the Group Technology Portfolio. You will refine and deliver a newly launched communication and engagement strategy to ensure Group Technology colleagues feel engaged, informed, educated, recognised and inspired.
You will be responsible for
- Owning our overall vision and narrative and corporate engagement strategy for Technology and contributing new innovative ideas in communication and engagement to achieve strategic outcomes
- Delivering a communication and engagement plan across Technology and other key stakeholders to ensure the plan is understood and colleagues and stakeholders are fully engaged.
- Supporting leaders, ensuring they have the knowledge, skills and capability to deliver effective strategy communications and enable them to be great change leaders and story tellers.
- Identifying, assessing and understanding our stakeholders and culture creating tailored engagement and managing an appropriate stakeholder plan.
- Ensuring all communication is simple and relevant, relates back to our business strategy, with one look and feel following Tesco’s brand standards
- Following our Business Code of Conduct and always acting with integrity and due diligence
You will need
Experience relevant for the job
- Leadership, corporate and change communications experience
- First-hand experience writing engagement communication material
- Working in fast paced / project environment
- Able to take complex ideas and distil them into simple messages
Operational skills relevant for the job:
- Expert storyteller with strong and clear verbal and written communication
- Excellent stakeholder management and facilitation
- Ability to juggle changing priorities, managing workload effectively
- Curious and able to join up various types of information / holistic thinking to reach conclusions
- Develop innovative ways to engage people in a corporate strategy
- Professional integrity and proficient ability to work at a senior leadership level
Key people I work with:
- Group Communications Team
- Group Technology Leadership Team
Our vision at Tesco is to become every customer’s favourite way to shop, whether they are at home or out on the move. Our core purpose is “Serving our customers, communities and planet a little better every day”. Serving means more than a transactional relationship with our customers. It means acting as a responsible and sustainable business for all stakeholders, for the communities we are part of, and for the planet.
We are proud to have an inclusive culture at Tesco where everyone truly feels able to be themselves. At Tesco, we not only celebrate diversity, but recognise the value and opportunity it brings. We’re committed to creating a workplace where differences are valued, and make sure that all colleagues are given the same opportunities. We’re a big business with diverse working patterns and many business areas which means that we can find something that works for you. Everyone is welcome at Tesco.
We have recently announced that we are moving to a more blended working week – combining office and remote working. Our offices continue to be where we connect, collaborate and innovate. Talk to us about how this can work for you.
Note: Should you be successful in your application, your employment will be subject to and conditional upon you providing your bank account details on your agreed start date.