The following content displays a map of the jobs location - WGC
Assistant Buyer - F&F Clothing (Menswear)
This job has been closed.
What’s in it for you
We offer excellent benefits that help make Tesco a great place to work! These include but are not limited to:
- Annual bonus scheme.
- Holiday starting at 20 days plus a personal day rising to 22 days after 12 months (plus 8 Bank holidays).
- Retirement savings plan - save between 4% and 7.5% and Tesco will match your contribution.
- Life Assurance - 5 x contractual pay.
- Great colleague deals and discounts, saving you money on everyday purchases, eating out and utility bills for the home.
- Opportunities to get on - take advantage of our ongoing learning opportunities and award-winning training, to help you achieve the job and career you want.
Click here to read more about the benefits we have available for our colleagues.
About the role
We are delighted to share that we are recruiting for an ambitious and hard-working Assistant Buyers to join our dynamic Menswear Clothing team (F&F) here at Tesco. Tesco is a leading multinational retailer and as an Assistant Buyer at Tesco, you will play a huge role within the team. Working alongside a Buying Manager, you will be responsible for ensuring we plan and deliver the most commercial and profitable ranges to meet our Customer’s needs.
This role would suit someone who is already an established Assistant Buyer looking for a new challenge.
You will be responsible for
- Providing support to keep the function running smoothly
- Preparing information, product or analysis (including Monday trade)
- Conducting regular store/website visits to understand our competition ranges and prices and to help shape our future product and range requirements.
- Identifying new product opportunities and understanding how to work through the different stages of product development from concept to production in order to to bring new products to the ranges.
- Active involvement in range building process to support my manager to deliver great products and great ranges hitting all the key meeting milestones.
- Negotiating (with support from your manager) prices across multiple products.
- Understanding product components, technical requirements, sourcing and supply chain issues and commercial margin parameters.
- Liaising with HUBs and suppliers to monitor critical path taking actions to ensure on time delivery
- Day-to-Day management of Buying Administrators within the team, developing both their technical and leadership skills
- Understanding and supporting the departmental sourcing strategy.
- Following our Business Code of Conduct and always acting with integrity and due diligence
You will need
- Clothing retail experience
- Product development and sourcing experience
- Range building skills
- Report preparation and analysis skills
- Ideally line management responsibility
- Data analysis and numeracy skills
- MS Office
Key teams/people you will work with:
- Assistant Designers
- Assistant Merchandise Planners
- Technical managers
- HUB teams and suppliers
People, budgets and other resources you will be responsible for:
- Day to day management of Buying Administrators
- Range building alongside your Buying Manager
- Supporting with the department strategy (range for the future as well as sourcing)
Our vision at Tesco is to become every customer's favourite way to shop, whether they are at home or out on the move. Our core purpose is ‘Serving our customers, communities and planet a little better every day’. Serving means more than a transactional relationship with our customers. It means acting as a responsible and sustainable business for all stakeholders, for the communities we are part of and for the planet.
We are proud to have an inclusive culture at Tesco where everyone truly feels able to be themselves. At Tesco, we not only celebrate diversity, but recognise the value and opportunity it brings. We're committed to creating a workplace where differences are valued, and make sure that all colleagues are given the same opportunities. We're a big business with diverse working patterns and many business areas which means that we can find something that works for you. Everyone is welcome at Tesco.
We have recently announced that we will be moving towards a more blended working week – combining office and remote working. Our offices will continue to be where we connect, collaborate and innovate. Please talk to us to about how this can work for you.
NOTE: Should you be successful in your application, your offer will be subject to and conditional upon you providing your bank account details on your agreed start date.