The following content displays a map of the jobs location - WGC
Assistant Buyer - Non Food
This job has been closed.
What’s in it for you
We offer excellent benefits that help make Tesco a great place to work! These include but are not limited to:
- Annual bonus scheme.
- Holiday starting at 20 days plus a personal day rising to 22 days after 12 months (plus 8 Bank holidays).
- Retirement savings plan - save between 4% and 7.5% and Tesco will match your contribution.
- Life Assurance - 5 x contractual pay.
- Great colleague deals and discounts, saving you money on everyday purchases, eating out and utility bills for the home.
- Opportunities to get on - take advantage of our ongoing learning opportunities and award-winning training, to help you achieve the job and career you want.
Click here to read more about the benefits we have available for our colleagues.
About the role
We are delighted to share that we are recruiting for an ambitious and hard-working Assistant Buyer to join our dynamic Home team here at Tesco. Tesco is a leading multinational retailer and as an Assistant Buyer at Tesco, you will play a huge role within the team. Working alongside a Buying Manager, you will be responsible for ensuring we plan and deliver the most commercial and profitable ranges to meet our Customer’s needs.
We currently have opportunities on Stationery, Nursery, Small Domestic Appliances and Seasonal Party.
You will be responsible for
- Providing buying support to keep the department running smoothly, report and analysis preparation for your Manager
- Understanding customer needs, markets trends and competitor activity
- Helping source products for the department, working with International sourcing
- Identifying potential new products and new suppliers
- Reviewing (with support) our existing suppliers and their performance
- Negotiating (with support) supplier terms agreements (incl. returns), improving the trading position sustainably
- Supporting category merchandising colleagues in the trade planning process
- Working with suppliers and technical team to ensure product quality is achieved and maintained artwork managed
- Managing samples (incl. obtaining them from suppliers as well as storage and disposal)
- Working with HSC Admin, ensuring new products and suppliers are set up accurately and on time
- Maintaining the department’s systems and trackers (incl. Buyer View, EQOS, Range Plan), ensuring they are accurate and updated in a timely manner.
- Loading Commercial Income and ensuring our suppliers are invoiced correctly
- Reviewing and sharing product returns, identifying opportunities for product improvement
- Following our Business Code of Conduct and always acting with integrity and due diligence
You will need
- Retail (ideally multi-channel) experience
- Passion for product
- Analysis and report preparation skills
- Data analysis and numeracy skills
Our vision at Tesco is to become every customer's favourite way to shop, whether they are at home or out on the move. Our core purpose is ‘Serving our customers, communities and planet a little better every day’. Serving means more than a transactional relationship with our customers. It means acting as a responsible and sustainable business for all stakeholders, for the communities we are part of and for the planet.
We are proud to have an inclusive culture at Tesco where everyone truly feels able to be themselves. At Tesco, we not only celebrate diversity, but recognise the value and opportunity it brings. We're committed to creating a workplace where differences are valued, and make sure that all colleagues are given the same opportunities. We're a big business with diverse working patterns and many business areas which means that we can find something that works for you. Everyone is welcome at Tesco.
We have recently announced that we will be moving towards a more blended working week – combining office and remote working. Our offices will continue to be where we connect, collaborate and innovate. Please talk to us to about how this can work for you.
NOTE: Should you be successful in your application, your offer will be subject to and conditional upon you providing your bank account details on your agreed start date.