The following content displays a map of the jobs location - Welwyn Garden City
Product Manager - Supplier & Partner Services
This job has been closed.
What’s in it for you
We offer excellent benefits that help make Tesco a great place to work! These include but are not limited to:
- Annual bonus scheme
- Holiday starting at 25 days plus a personal day (and bank holidays)
- Great colleague discounts and deals, saving you money on everyday purchases, utility bills for the home and more
- Retirement savings plan – save between 4% and 7.5% and Tesco will match your contribution
- Buy as you earn and Save as you earn share schemes
- Opportunities to get on – take advantage of our ongoing learning opportunities and award-winning training to help you achieve the career you want
About the role
We have an amazing opportunity for a Product Manager to join Tesco’s Supplier & Partner Services Product Team, part of the wider Technology Change Team, where our mission is to transform how Tesco manages all aspects of its supplier lifecycle, through supplier and colleague facing tools and services.
Reporting to the Lead Product Manager, you will work alongside other product managers, designers and engineers, to define and execute the vision and strategy for your portfolio. With a focus on how data relating to our suppliers and partners is collated from various sources, managed, and shared to drive benefit across the group, to build trusted partnerships and in support of Tesco’s core purpose and values.
We are looking for an ambitious individual who can demonstrate a passion for solving problems, working collaboratively, and embracing technology and change in what is an exciting and broad area.
You will be responsible for
Whilst specific responsibilities will be dependent upon the changing needs of the Tesco business, the following provides an overview of the role’s key responsibilities and measures;
- Have ownership of a Product involving multiple internal/ external stakeholders and drive the Product strategy & execution for it
- Work alongside research, design, analytics, and engineering teams to design and develop solutions to solve real business needs.
- Relentlessly measure and communicate value created to all stakeholders, all of the time.
- Work as part of a wider product team, with a culture for shared goals, helping where appropriate as the need arises.
- Understand and demonstrate all of the features of my product to different audiences within and outside of my immediate product team
- Effectively document and explain new requirements to the engineering team using user stories, personas, and acceptance tests and help the team in breaking down a complex piece of work/ epic into smaller, deliverable chunks of value that can be delivered faster
- Be accountable for the performance/ adoption of your product and work towards increasing it
- Monitor competitor activity and market trends
- Drive the acceptance and adoption of ideas and improvements with product and engineering stakeholders
- Provide support and coaching to junior Product Managers as well as peers
You will need
- Knowledge and experience of product management best practice and methodologies and strong technical experience
- Technically competent to influence and understand the solution context and approach (legacy, tactical, strategic) and aid engineering in estimating the complexity of work being requested
- The ability to build strong working relationships with peers, stakeholders, and teams across the business. Able to leverage these relationships to build consensus, drive change, and deliver value
- Experience of working in a complex change environment which encompasses multiple product and engineering teams, both local and remote, to deliver enterprise-wide applications and features
- Carrying out product management of APIs, or complex data structures, and have a clear understanding of managing domain boundaries between related services.
Our vision at Tesco is to become every customer’s favourite way to shop, whether they are at home or out on the move. Our core purpose is “Serving our customers, communities and planet a little better every day”. Serving means more than a transactional relationship with our customers. It means acting as a responsible and sustainable business for all stakeholders, for the communities we are part of, and for the planet.
We are proud to have an inclusive culture at Tesco where everyone truly feels able to be themselves. At Tesco, we not only celebrate diversity, but recognise the value and opportunity it brings. We’re committed to creating a workplace where differences are valued, and make sure that all colleagues are given the same opportunities. We’re a big business with diverse working patterns and many business areas which means that we can find something that works for you. Everyone is welcome at Tesco.
We have recently announced that we are moving to a more blended working week – combining office and remote working. Our offices continue to be where we connect, collaborate and innovate. Talk to us about how this can work for you.
Note: Should you be successful in your application, your employment will be subject to and conditional upon you providing your bank account details on your agreed start date.