The following content displays a map of the jobs location - Shire Park, Welwyn Garden City, Hertfordshire
Supply Planning Manager (12 month parental leave cover)
Job Reference tesco/TP/6617774/796982
This job has been closed.
What’s in it for you
We offer excellent benefits that help make Tesco a great place to work! These include but are not limited to:
- Annual bonus scheme.
- Holiday starting at 25 days plus a personal day (plus 8 Bank holidays).
- Retirement savings plan - save between 4% and 7.5% and Tesco will match your contribution.
- Life Assurance - 5 x contractual pay.
- Great colleague deals and discounts, saving you money on everyday purchases, eating out and utility bills for the home.
- Opportunities to get on - take advantage of our ongoing learning opportunities and award winning training, to help you achieve the job and career you want.
Click here to read more about the benefits we have available for our colleagues.
About the role
You will be responsible for planning the flow of stock through the Supply Chain for your category to deliver great service levels and lead the Move plan whilst executing operational excellence.
You will be responsible for
- Managing stock movement with key stakeholders and maintaining the supplier ordering systems to deliver service level targets
- Collaborative forecasting with key stakeholders for promotions
- Developing and forecasting the Seasonal plans & sourcing strategies with suppliers, Buyers & Technical, to ensure long-term security of supply throughout the year
- Ensuring the successful launch of Range Changes / Resets through proactive communication and planning
- Leading regular performance meetings with key suppliers to drive continuous improvements, supported by Joint Supply Chain Plans
- Improving the efficiency of ordering, including pallet, layer and truck rounding and extended lead times
- Ensuring effective communication with internal stakeholders, such as Store Ordering, Commercial, Technical, Central Promotions & Primary Distribution to ensure cross-functional alignment
- Supporting continuous improvements & ways of working across the Supply Chain
- Having an active involvement in the wider strategic plans for the category
You will need
- Supply Chain: supply planning, forecasting & replenishment processes in a retail environment
- Understanding of the E2E movement of product through to the shelf edge
- Managing 3rd party supplier relationships
- People Management - Tesco systems / tools - LM, SQL,Visual Insights, Connect
Our vision at Tesco is to become every customer's favourite way to shop, whether they are at home or out on the move. Our core purpose is ‘Serving our customers, communities and planet a little better every day’. Serving means more than a transactional relationship with our customers. It means acting as a responsible and sustainable business for all stakeholders, for the communities we are part of and for the planet.
We are proud to have an inclusive culture at Tesco where everyone truly feels able to be themselves. At Tesco, we not only celebrate diversity, but recognise the value and opportunity it brings. We're committed to creating a workplace where differences are valued, and make sure that all colleagues are given the same opportunities. We're a big business with diverse working patterns and many business areas which means that we can find something that works for you. Everyone is welcome at Tesco.
We have recently announced that we will be moving towards a more blended working week – combining office and remote working. Our offices will continue to be where we connect, collaborate and innovate. Please talk to us to about how this can work for you.
NOTE: Should you be successful in your application, your offer will be subject to and conditional upon you providing your bank account details on your agreed start date.