The following content displays a map of the jobs location - Welwyn Garden City
Systems Engineer III - Monitoring
What’s in it for you
We offer excellent benefits that help make Tesco a great place to work! These include but are not limited to:
- Annual bonus scheme
- Holiday starting at 25 days plus a personal day (and bank holidays)
- Great colleague discounts and deals, saving you money on everyday purchases, utility bills for the home and more
- Retirement savings plan – save between 4% and 7.5% and Tesco will match your contribution
- Buy as you earn and Save as you earn share schemes
- Opportunities to get on – take advantage of our ongoing learning opportunities and award-winning training to help you achieve the career you want
About the role
Senior Systems Engineers work with knowledge of specific infrastructure specialism, and
responsible for the entire development and support process for that specialism. You’re
responsible for delivering quality solutions for colleagues and customers alike, with the impact
ranging from saving time, effort or money to re-defining normal.
You have knowledge of latest technology trends, expertise & practical knowledge of the types
of systems, infrastructure & applications used within Tesco.
You will be responsible for
In this job, I
- Design and deliver network solutions using existing network infrastructure
- Where new Network technologies are being introduced, implement them, and establish the best practice for their adoption
- Resolve incidents and problems associated with the technical area of responsibility
- Contribute to the Technology Roadmap for Tesco Network Services
- Evaluate new tools and techniques to be able to understand their value and impact
- Lead group design discussions on my area of expertise and be able to present with authority to a variety of audiences
- Collaborate with other technical teams to understand their requirements and assist them by consuming Infrastructure in the most seamless way possible
- Keep my technical skills up to date and keep track of new technologies, understanding how they might benefit the Technology team and wider Tesco
- Introduce automation to all aspects of my day-to-day work.
You will need
Skills / Experience Required
- Experience designing and deploying solutions for large, complex global organizations
- Analytical and structured approach to design, process, and advanced troubleshooting
- Work with Architecture to produce and maintain high quality HLD/LLD and maintain standard documentation for area of responsibility
- Well organized self-starter who takes personal ownership and accountability at required levels of the work stream and project life cycles; willing to go the extra mile at every opportunity
- Builds and maintains positive relationships within and across teams
- Communicates effectively, able to deliver and present both written and verbal designs, strategies, and concepts clearly
- Take ownership, to keep up-to-date and embrace the latest industry technologies and associated supplier solutions
- This role will best suit an individual who enjoys working as part of a team, is well organized, pragmatic and a lateral thinker with an inquisitive mind who is motivated to make change for the better and, most importantly, puts our customers first.
Required Technology Skills
- Strong knowledge & insightful hands-on field experience in
- Extensive experience with network automation platform – preferably IP Fabric
- Extensive experience with network monitoring tools – preferably PRTG / Spectrum
- Packet capture and debugging tools such as Wireshark
- Good understanding of:
- Firewall assurance tools – preferably Skybox
- Network and Security best practice compliance standards
- Data Processing / Interacting with RESTful API’s
- Networking, Routing & Switching protocols Desirable Technical Skills
- Scripting knowledge (e.g., Python, Unix/Linux or PowerShell, ...)
- Associated SDN/Automation technologies/configuration tools like GIT, Chef, Ansible or Puppet, Load Balancing platforms and technologies, preferably F5, along with associated management systems
- Firewall experience, preferably Palo Alto, along with associated management platform
- Basic Splunk product knowledge for troubleshooting purposes
Our vision at Tesco is to become every customer’s favourite way to shop, whether they are at home or out on the move. Our core purpose is “Serving our customers, communities and planet a little better every day”. Serving means more than a transactional relationship with our customers. It means acting as a responsible and sustainable business for all stakeholders, for the communities we are part of, and for the planet.
We are proud to have an inclusive culture at Tesco where everyone truly feels able to be themselves. At Tesco, we not only celebrate diversity, but recognise the value and opportunity it brings. We’re committed to creating a workplace where differences are valued, and make sure that all colleagues are given the same opportunities. We’re a big business with diverse working patterns and many business areas which means that we can find something that works for you. Everyone is welcome at Tesco.
We have recently announced that we are moving to a more blended working week – combining office and remote working. Our offices continue to be where we connect, collaborate and innovate. Talk to us about how this can work for you.
Note: Should you be successful in your application, your employment will be subject to and conditional upon you providing your bank account details on your agreed start date.