The following content displays a map of the jobs location - WGC
Assistant Trade Planner (6-12 month Parental Leave Cover) - Part-time
Job Reference tesco/TP/8568366/795249
This job has been closed.
What’s in it for you
We offer excellent benefits that help make Tesco a great place to work! These include but are not limited to:
- Annual bonus scheme.
- Holiday starting at 20 days plus a personal day rising to 22 days after 12 months (plus 8 Bank holidays).
- Retirement savings plan - save between 4% and 7.5% and Tesco will match your contribution.
- Life Assurance - 5 x contractual pay.
- Great colleague deals and discounts, saving you money on everyday purchases, eating out and utility bills for the home.
- Opportunities to get on - take advantage of our ongoing learning opportunities and award-winning training, to help you achieve the job and career you want.
Click here to read more about the benefits we have available for our colleagues.
About the role
We are delighted to share that we are recruiting for an Assistant Trade Planner to join our Home team here at Tesco, Part-time and on a 6-12 month Parental cover contract.
The trade planning team work alongside the buying and merchandise function to deliver exciting and market leading ranges for our customers on promotional and event space allowing us to showcase fantastic product and great value to the customer.
As the Assistant Trade Planner you will work with the Trade Planning Manager to shape the GM promotional plan. You will be responsible for planning promotions, delivering them on time and reporting on them accurately. You will be working across multiple functions and will need excellent communication skills and an analytical mind.
You will be responsible for
- Creating promotional review documents & conducting analysis to recommend improvements for forthcoming promotional cycles.
- Collating nominations for promotional space and loading successful nominations into reporting systems.
- Leading weekly set up meetings to ensure excellent availability for promotional launches.
- Delivering weekly trade figures and commentary for all GM promotional & event space and presenting trade at team meetings.
- Circulating performance data to Buying & Merchandising teams, ensuring all documentation is accurate and accessible.
- Co ordinating GM till coupons.
- Ensuring that the critical path is adhered to and scheduling relevant meetings.
- Supporting the roll out of new projects & initiatives.
- Being a point of contact for GM promotions, building relationships with multiple functions to ensure that products & execution are right for customers.
- Following our Business Code of Conduct and always acting with integrity and due diligence.
You will need
- An aptitude for data analysis & numeracy.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- The ability to plan & organise effectively.
- To be proficient in Microsoft Office (particularly Excel).
- Desirable (but not essential) experience using SQL & Tableau.
Our vision at Tesco is to become every customer's favourite way to shop, whether they are at home or out on the move. Our core purpose is ‘Serving our customers, communities and planet a little better every day’. Serving means more than a transactional relationship with our customers. It means acting as a responsible and sustainable business for all stakeholders, for the communities we are part of and for the planet.
We are proud to have an inclusive culture at Tesco where everyone truly feels able to be themselves. At Tesco, we not only celebrate diversity, but recognise the value and opportunity it brings. We're committed to creating a workplace where differences are valued, and make sure that all colleagues are given the same opportunities. We're a big business with diverse working patterns and many business areas which means that we can find something that works for you. Everyone is welcome at Tesco.
We have recently announced that we will be moving towards a more blended working week – combining office and remote working. Our offices will continue to be where we connect, collaborate and innovate. Please talk to us to about how this can work for you.
NOTE: Should you be successful in your application, your offer will be subject to and conditional upon you providing your bank account details on your agreed start date.