The following content displays a map of the jobs location - Hybrid + Farringdon/Welwyn Garden City
UX Designer - Product & Supplier
Job Reference tesco/TP/12170810/792497
What’s in it for you
We offer excellent benefits that help make Tesco a great place to work! These include but are not limited to:
- Annual bonus scheme
- Holiday starting at 25 days plus a personal day (and bank holidays)
- Great colleague discounts and deals, saving you money on everyday purchases, utility bills for the home and more
- Retirement savings plan – save between 4% and 7.5% and Tesco will match your contribution
- Buy as you earn and Save as you earn share schemes
- Opportunities to get on – take advantage of our ongoing learning opportunities and award-winning training to help you achieve the career you want
About the role
We are looking for an experienced UX designer to join the Product & Supplier design team. You’ll be responsible for driving UX discovery and delivery in multi-disciplinary product teams and playing a key role in helping understand how to develop and improve our design practices. Your work will have a positive and tangible impact on improving the experience for our Suppliers, Partners and Colleagues.
About your team
We are a user experience design team of around 30 strong who are embedded into product families comprising of Product, Engineering, Design and Program. Between us, we strive to build relevant experiences to make working with Tesco a little easier for our Suppliers, Partners and Colleagues, whilst ensuring operational efficiency.
The team is the entry point and gateway to the supplier experience and the suite of apps we have crafted allow a wealth of opportunities for our users to collaborate on all things from new product inductions to trading reports that allow a fair and clear view of performance and opportunities.
We need people who share our ambition to deliver for our customers; Passionate and confident people willing to take the initiative and drive us forwards. We offer an amazingly talented team, phenomenal work/life balance, and significant learning and career development opportunities.
You will be responsible for
- Work in partnership with Product Managers to understand and define problems and to build testable hypotheses that improve the user experience
- Identify, communicate and work to mitigate assumptions and risks arising out of product discovery and design
- Demonstrate deep knowledge of user needs and use this knowledge to advise and support product development
- Present and support your designs and key breakthrough deliverables to peers and senior level team members
- Understand and apply the trade-offs between usability, creativity, and performance in meeting business goals
- Engage business partners in research and design process through teamwork, workshops, design shares, and show & tells
- Work with others to build and establish standardised practices within the design team, including ongoing development of our design system
- Organisation, documentation of working digital pieces to establish conventions and etiquette across teams and products
- Use quantitative and qualitative research and insight to advise design decisions and articulate them to the business
- Produce design executions that use inclusive design principles and align with W3C accessibility guidelines
- Collaborate and connect with designers, developers, analysts, researchers, and project managers across teams to produce effective multi-channel experiences.
- Review and constructively feedback on work from designers across the team
- Contribute to building and encouraging a positive, valuable team culture
- Communication and development of creative concepts, executional ideas and design rationale to team members and business partners
- Documentation of new design rules, patterns, systems, style guides and interaction guides. To enable other teams to move more quickly with confidence
- Consolidation and translation of existing or relevant design rules, patterns, systems, style guides and interaction guides
- Production of high-quality work under pressure with meticulous attention to detail
You will need
- 3+ years commercial UX/UI design experience
- A strong, well-curated portfolio demonstrating your expertise
- Prior involvement in high-profile design projects in a commercial environment
- First-hand experience of agile methodologies and practice
- Able to work with and deliver personas, user journeys, page flows, wireframes, site architectures, navigation models, interface scamps, page comps, interactive prototypes, interaction guides
- Proficiency with the latest versions of the following software applications, or similar: Figma, Sketch, Marvel, Miro, Axure
- Validated experience crafting intuitive graphical interfaces for desktop, tablet, and mobile devices
- Ability to use both quant and qual insight to advise decision-making
- Experience at carrying out customer research – including contextual enquiry, observation, lab research, and usability testing
Our vision at Tesco is to become every customer’s favourite way to shop, whether they are at home or out on the move. Our core purpose is “Serving our customers, communities and planet a little better every day”. Serving means more than a transactional relationship with our customers. It means acting as a responsible and sustainable business for all stakeholders, for the communities we are part of, and for the planet.
We are proud to have an inclusive culture at Tesco where everyone truly feels able to be themselves. At Tesco, we not only celebrate diversity, but recognise the value and opportunity it brings. We’re committed to creating a workplace where differences are valued, and make sure that all colleagues are given the same opportunities. We’re a big business with diverse working patterns and many business areas which means that we can find something that works for you. Everyone is welcome at Tesco.
We have recently announced that we are moving to a more blended working week – combining office and remote working. Our offices continue to be where we connect, collaborate and innovate. Talk to us about how this can work for you.
Note: Should you be successful in your application, your employment will be subject to and conditional upon you providing your bank account details on your agreed start date.