The following content displays a map of the jobs location - Welwyn Garden City
Job Reference tesco/TP/13497049/792103
What’s in it for you
We offer excellent benefits that help make Tesco a great place to work! These include but are not limited to:
- Annual bonus scheme
- Holiday starting at 25 days plus a personal day (and bank holidays)
- Great colleague discounts and deals, saving you money on everyday purchases, utility bills for the home and more
- Retirement savings plan – save between 4% and 7.5% and Tesco will match your contribution
- Buy as you earn and Save as you earn share schemes
- Opportunities to get on – take advantage of our ongoing learning opportunities and award-winning training to help you achieve the career you want
About the role
The Workplace Engineering team design, develop and operate all Workplace infrastructure used by Tesco Technology across our data centres, offices, stores and distribution centres. This roles primary focus is on Workplace Technologies encompassing End User Compute, Identity, Collaboration, Voice and Video. This includes both 3rd party and internally developed infrastructure applications and infrastructure that support the wider Tesco business.
You will be responsible for
• Designs, develops and operates the Workplace Technology products, services and platforms that allow technology teams and business colleagues to consume infrastructure.
• Setting the strategy, objectives and high-level plans for infrastructure.
• Works with development teams to collaborate in creating appropriate infrastructure solutions. • Evaluating partners, software and hardware and finding the right mix to deliver the strategy.
• Driving innovation at Tesco through workplace technology transformation.
• Defining and overseeing standards and simplification across the estate.
• Designing, delivering and operating new and re-usable workplace / infrastructure solutions.
• The workplace technology team are supporting both the current Infrastructure and also the work required to continue the transformation of Tesco Technologies Infrastructure to modern platforms that can be easily consumed through self-service APIs, automatically handle failures and use best of breed modern technologies.
Whilst specific responsibilities will be dependent upon the changing needs of the Tesco business, the following provides an overview of the role’s key responsibilities and measures:
• Architect, design and deliver solutions where new components are required.
• Coach and mentor system engineers across Technology who are at a more junior level.
• Introduce automation to all aspects of my day to day work.
• Own the roadmap for my own technology area, advising on and selecting new technology products.
• Introduce new tools and techniques when appropriate to increase efficiency of delivery and operations.
• Resolve incidents that have not been seen before and design solutions that will minimise the amount of hands-on activity needed to fix issues.
You will need
Knowledge of IT Infrastructure, extensive experience designing and implementing solutions with a focus on Workplace Technologies.
• Designing solutions for large complex global organisations at scale
• Strategic thinking
• Productising Infrastructure services
• Previous experience working in a DevOps environment, automating solutions and introducing new technology solutions which impact current ways of working
• Understanding the Product Management lifecycle, product delivery process and the importance of an Agile mindset to discover, design, define, develop and deliver small increments of the most important opportunities that will drive growth and value for my product
• Understanding the importance of using data to prioritise and adopting a consistent approach to prioritisation and the importance of a product roadmap in creating buy-in from
• Knowledge how to use relevant tools to produce and update roadmaps for my product
Our vision at Tesco is to become every customer’s favourite way to shop, whether they are at home or out on the move. Our core purpose is “Serving our customers, communities and planet a little better every day”. Serving means more than a transactional relationship with our customers. It means acting as a responsible and sustainable business for all stakeholders, for the communities we are part of, and for the planet.
We are proud to have an inclusive culture at Tesco where everyone truly feels able to be themselves. At Tesco, we not only celebrate diversity, but recognise the value and opportunity it brings. We’re committed to creating a workplace where differences are valued, and make sure that all colleagues are given the same opportunities. We’re a big business with diverse working patterns and many business areas which means that we can find something that works for you. Everyone is welcome at Tesco.
We have recently announced that we are moving to a more blended working week – combining office and remote working. Our offices continue to be where we connect, collaborate and innovate. Talk to us about how this can work for you.
Note: Should you be successful in your application, your employment will be subject to and conditional upon you providing your bank account details on your agreed start date.