The following content displays a map of the jobs location - Buckinghamshire - Group 802
Operations Support Partner - Group 802 - Part Time (22.5 Hours)
The job has expired.
What’s in it for you
We offer excellent benefits that help make Tesco a great place to work! These include but aren’t limited to:
- Annual bonus scheme
- Holiday starting at 25 days plus a personal day (plus 8 Bank holidays)
- Retirement savings plan - save between 4% and 7.5% and Tesco will match your contribution
- Life Assurance - 5 x contractual pay
- Great colleague deals and discounts, saving you money on everyday purchases, eating out and utility bills for the home
- Opportunities to get on - take advantage of our ongoing learning opportunities and award-winning training, to help you achieve the job and career you want
Click here to read more about the benefits we have available for our colleagues
About the role
- Be a visible partner working across an area of large or convenience stores to coach our teams at the shelf edge to deliver operational excellence and drive sustainable results.
- Be agile in ways of working, adding value by ensuring the bigger picture is always considered and respond appropriately to the needs of the business.
- Prioritise your time to drive convergence across your area, improving performance measures ensuring we always serve our customers, communities and planet a little better every day.
- Coach store teams to deliver against business and local priorities, so we can be the best we can for our customers, spending time in stores where you will make the biggest difference for both Tesco and Store Managers achieving sustainable convergence in results.
- Keep accountability/responsibility where it should be, adding value through coaching/diagnosing and engaging central specialist teams where required.
- Continuously review success and opportunities of stores key performance indicators and understand future opportunities that can be explored, agreeing local priorities with the Area Manager/Store Director
You will be responsible for
- Following our business code of conduct and always acting with integrity/due diligence.
- Being the expert on store operations; providing targeted coaching and root cause analysis to drive convergence across shrink, security, out-of-code, food surplus, availability, expenses and cash/bank/lottery.
- Reviewing trends from audit results, escalations and price reporting to support stores in driving compliance.
- Being the expert for stock routines on the group, sharing knowledge and coaching store teams to deliver green routines, focusing on process and preparation to deliver green stock control and MST results.
- Support coach & guide stores to deliver on-time implementation of Scheduled Range, Promotional & Trade Driving Activity GSA/PA1/2 at shelf edge.
- Ensuring all stores have the correct licences and licence holders in place, invigilating/ planning licencing exams as required by the licensing team.
- Using centrally provided data/reporting to identify trends/opportunities in stores agreeing priority stores to visit to improve convergence and add the biggest value across the group with the Area Manager/Store Director.
- Using centrally provided data to identify trends/opportunities in stores, getting to the truth of issues supporting Store Managers to build action plans that they own to deliver convergence and sustainable.
- Leading the group operational shrink and security seasonal planning.
- Driving high performance and capability through completing targeted health checks and coaching in bottom quartile stores supporting them to reach their full potential.
- Facilitate the delivery of operational training workshops for new and existing Shift Leaders/Managers, liaising with store teams to bring this to life.
- Target support to newly appointed Store Managers or Store Managers that have been identified as requiring training by the Store Director and People Partner to build operational capability.
- Complete post implementation reviews where central projects have not been executed in line with the central plans, liaising with and providing timely feedback to the central teams and the security hub whilst action planning at a local level where required.
- Being proactive in collaborating with the security field team to minimise local security risks in your area.
- Identifying and sharing operational opportunities with the Area Manager/Store Director and People Partner during store visits to support a clearly defined capability and if applicable performance plan.
- Spending time in bottom quartile stores coaching at the shelf edge to raise capability, help implement and sustain change with measurable improvements delivered.
You will need
- Retail operations
- Business & customer awareness
- Personal integrity
- Root cause analysis
- Analysis and decision making
Our vision at Tesco is to become every customer's favourite way to shop, whether they are at home or out on the move. Our core purpose is ‘Serving our customers, communities and planet a little better every day’. Serving means more than a transactional relationship with our customers. It means acting as a responsible and sustainable business for all stakeholders, for the communities we are part of and for the planet.
We are proud to have an inclusive culture at Tesco where everyone truly feels able to be themselves. At Tesco, we not only celebrate diversity, but recognise the value and opportunity it brings. We're committed to creating a workplace where differences are valued, and make sure that all colleagues are given the same opportunities. We're a big business with diverse working patterns and many business areas which means that we can find something that works for you. Everyone is welcome at Tesco.
We have recently announced that we will be moving towards a more blended working week – combining office and remote working. Our offices will continue to be where we connect, collaborate and innovate. Please talk to us to about how this can work for you.
NOTE: Should you be successful in your application, your offer will be subject to and conditional upon you providing your bank account details on your agreed start date.