The following content displays a map of the jobs location - Farringdon/Hybrid
UX Researcher - Basket, Checkout & Payment
Job Reference tesco/TP/12170810/787682
What’s in it for you
We offer excellent benefits that help make Tesco a great place to work! These include but are not limited to:
- Annual bonus scheme
- Holiday starting at 25 days plus a personal day (and bank holidays)
- Great colleague discounts and deals, saving you money on everyday purchases, utility bills for the home and more
- Retirement savings plan – save between 4% and 7.5% and Tesco will match your contribution
- Buy as you earn and Save as you earn share schemes
- Opportunities to get on – take advantage of our ongoing learning opportunities and award-winning training to help you achieve the career you want
About the role
We are looking for a UX Researcher who can see the possibility in every opportunity - from large transformational projects on big budgets to the small incremental quick wins that will provide millions of our customers with immediate improvements. Together with the Design Manager and the team, you will advocate the needs of the customer challenging user experience problems that impact millions of customers on any basket, payment, and checkout UX initiatives that are a part of the online Tesco grocery shopping platform, creating products and experiences that are compelling and easy to use.
You will be helping define the way UX Research is run at Tesco, working in partnership with our multidisciplinary team made up of UX and UI Designers, Researchers, Product Managers, Data Analysts, Marketing and Technology teams to shape the customer experience.
As our ideal candidate, you have a passion for understanding people, their motivations, their behaviours, and the challenges they face. You have excellent observational and analytical skills, the ability to collaborate with other teams, and a determination to do what is right for customers. You will be responsible for identifying customer needs and delivering insights that inform the development of compelling user-friendly interfaces and digital products.
You will be responsible for
- Execute qualitative and quantitative research throughout the ux design lifecycle for initiatives on the basket, payment, and checkout areas of tesco.com. Helping from early direction through to post-release validation.
- Support Product teams to define functional and experiential requirements and help drive the user experience vision for projects.
- Work closely with the Product teams and the Design Manager to ensure customer insights are incorporated in our deliverables.
- Support and help the Design team to establish successful research processes and continuously improve our ways of working.
- Synthesise and communicate with clarity and effectiveness the insights of the research to designers and stakeholders.
- Share research expertise and knowledge with others to improve organisational capability and challenge team thinking.
- Closely collaborate with the UX Design Manager to understand challenges, timelines, and opportunities to deliver projects that solve customer problems.
- Work with the UX Research Manager and UX Design Manager to cultivate a positive, supportive, and inclusive team culture. You will be expected to help towards building the research maturity across Tesco.
You will need
- University degree of 2:1 or higher in human-computer interaction (HCI), a related field, or equivalent years of professional experience
- Expert-level knowledge in the field of UX research with at least 3 years’ experience of working as a UX researcher on digital products (preferably ecommerce).
- Considerable knowledge and hands-on experience with a range of qualitative and quantitative research methods and techniques (such as usability testing, user profiles personas, journey mapping, surveys, competitor analysis).
- Track record of research results impacting product strategy and development.
- Experience working in an agile product development environment and applying lean UX Research methods.
- Good communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills; the ability to communicate complex concepts clearly and persuasively across different audiences and varying levels of the organisation.
- Ability to collaborate with a wide set of stakeholders including Designers, Product Managers, Developers, and Analysts.
- Experience using online research tools and remote user testing e.g., Optimal Workshop, UserTesting.com, Enjoy HQ, or similar
Our vision at Tesco is to become every customer’s favourite way to shop, whether they are at home or out on the move. Our core purpose is “Serving our customers, communities and planet a little better every day”. Serving means more than a transactional relationship with our customers. It means acting as a responsible and sustainable business for all stakeholders, for the communities we are part of, and for the planet.
We are proud to have an inclusive culture at Tesco where everyone truly feels able to be themselves. At Tesco, we not only celebrate diversity, but recognise the value and opportunity it brings. We’re committed to creating a workplace where differences are valued, and make sure that all colleagues are given the same opportunities. We’re a big business with diverse working patterns and many business areas which means that we can find something that works for you. Everyone is welcome at Tesco.
We have recently announced that we are moving to a more blended working week – combining office and remote working. Our offices continue to be where we connect, collaborate and innovate. Talk to us about how this can work for you.
Note: Should you be successful in your application, your employment will be subject to and conditional upon you providing your bank account details on your agreed start date.