The following content displays a map of the jobs location - National
Electrical Assurance Manager (12 Month Secondment)
This job has been closed.
What’s in it for you
We offer excellent benefits that help make Tesco a great place to work! These include but are not limited to:
- Annual bonus scheme.
- Holiday starting at 25 days plus a personal day (plus 8 Bank holidays).
- Retirement savings plan
- Great colleague deals and discounts, saving you money on everyday purchases, eating out and utility bills for the home.
- Opportunities to get on - take advantage of our ongoing learning opportunities and award winning training, to help you achieve the job and career you want.
Click here to read more about the benefits we have available for our colleagues.
About the role
To improve & provide assurance for all Electrical related works. Working to ensure delivery of internal technical teams, third party contractors or capital. Guarding legal compliance throughout & ensuring the welfare of customers & colleagues.
Should you be successful in your application, your offer will be subject to and conditional upon you providing your bank account details before your agreed start date.
You will be responsible for
Following our Business Code of Conduct and always acting with integrity and due diligence and have these specific risk responsibilities:
- Assuring high value capital, revenue & development works delivered by both internal and external supply base
- Periodically reviewing contractor’s day-to-day performance & representing the Assurance team at contractor performance meetings and scoping meetings
- Ensuring consistency across all Electrical assurance processes
- Providing daily technical support in Electrical issues
- Leading the process & technological improvements across the Electrical area of the business
- Providing technical input for PM developments & reviewing content and effectiveness
- Inputting PM implementation across the technical teams
- Identifying trends and opportunities for improvement in Electrical discipline
- Providing expertise relating to parts holding, obsolete parts and temporary solutions
- Driving problem solving, identifying key issues & developing effective solutions cross-functionally
- Investigating KPI trends and developing plans to deliver year-on-year improvements
- Building effective relationships and communicating clearly with stakeholders to manage expectations
You will need
- Project management
- Communication & stakeholder management
- Problem solving
- Change management
- Data analysis
Experience Relevant for this role:
- Electrical Qualifications/Time served in discipline
- Experience in equipment operation, maintenance & compliance
- Demonstrable experience in managing budgets
- Previous experience in a similar role
- Strong Knowledge of Health & Safety procedures
At Tesco Maintenance, it’s our people that make us one of the leading retail maintenance providers in the UK. We operate in over 3,500 Tesco and One Stop stores, distribution centres, Tesco banks and head offices, to deliver first class maintenance and engineering solutions and support.
With our comprehensive induction and our technical competency plan, we invest in training for our field colleagues to have the right level of skills and expertise for each role to work safely and provide first-rate asset management across our estate. We create a culture where every colleague is competent, motivated and professional, maximising the level of support we offer to Tesco stores.
From multi-skilled, to technically-savvy technicians, we’ve got it covered. Our Operations and Maintenance Managers span the entirety of the UK; technically-minded individuals who support our field engineers to get the job done. Our Engineering team work to introduce a broad spectrum of award-winning new technological initiatives; from compliance testing to refrigeration, security to sustainability.
Everything we do in Tesco Maintenance is focused on supporting continuous improvement to the overall shopping experience for our customers.