The following content displays a map of the jobs location - Welwyn Garden City
Senior Product Manager - Price Quote API
What’s in it for you
We offer excellent benefits that help make Tesco a great place to work! These include but are not limited to:
- Annual bonus scheme
- Holiday starting at 25 days plus a personal day (and bank holidays)
- Great colleague discounts and deals, saving you money on everyday purchases, utility bills for the home and more
- Retirement savings plan – save between 4% and 7.5% and Tesco will match your contribution
- Buy as you earn and Save as you earn share schemes
- Opportunities to get on – take advantage of our ongoing learning opportunities and award-winning training to help you achieve the career you want
About the role
We have an outstanding opportunity for an experienced Senior Product Manager to join Tesco’s Basket Pricing Engine Team, part of the wider Retail Platform Team. Our mission is to deliver flexible pricing capabilities by building a compliant, secure, robust, performant, and scalable platform that provides accurate quotes (prices for a basket) and their resulting invoices to customers and consumers.
As a Senior Product Manager, you are experienced in product management practice having guided multiple product enhancements from inception through to implementation and optimisation. You have ownership for a large product that involves multiple internal/ external stakeholders, and you drive product strategy, roadmap, and the execution for your area. You can build and deliver successful products / initiatives that deliver significant business value. You manage a small team of Product Managers and work with other members of the product team - Lead Product Manager, Head of Product, UX designers, Data Analysts and Engineers, as well as with your product stakeholders.
In the Basket Pricing Engine team, you will focus on how prices and promotions are executed, and a price is offered to the customer for the products that they want to buy. This is part of our Price platform which in turn powers all the colleague and customer pricing and checkout transactions at Tesco. This is across all the countries where we have stores, and in support of Tesco’s core purpose and values.
We are looking for a high-reaching individual who can demonstrate a passion for solving problems, working collaboratively, and adopting technology and change, whilst mentoring and supporting your Agile Product Management team.
You will be responsible for
- Have accountability for a sophisticated API product domain involving multiple stakeholders, and drive product strategy, roadmap, and execution for that.
- Responsible for identifying the key measures of success (OKRs) and the resulting performance / adoption of my product(s).
- Relentlessly seek to understand the needs and pains of your customers and business stakeholders.
- Prioritise roadmaps and decisively resolve trade-offs with peers and senior leaders.
- Plan and co-ordinate significant product efforts that have dependencies on multiple product and engineering teams.
- Lead discovery work to understand and drive use cases for my APIs to deliver one solution that can be re-used for them all.
- Work alongside research, design, analytics, and engineering teams to design and develop solutions to solve real business needs.
- Relentlessly measure and communicate value built to all stakeholders, all the time.
- Work as part of a wider product team, with a culture for shared goals, helping where appropriate as the need arises.
- Provide support and coaching to junior Product Managers as well as peers.
- Actively participate in recruiting, for your team and others across the organisation, to develop those around you and to raise the calibre of product signal throughout the organisation.
You will need
- Ideally have previous experience in a Pricing domain and / or with building APIs.
- Knowledge and experience of product management best practice and methodologies and strong technical experience.
- Technically proficient to influence and understand the solution context and approach (legacy, tactical, strategic) and aid engineering in estimating the complexity of work being requested.
- The ability to build strong working relationships with peers, stakeholders, and teams across the business. Able to demonstrate these relationships to build consensus, motivate change, and deliver value.
- Experience of working in a complex change environment which encompasses multiple product and engineering teams, both local and remote, to deliver enterprise-wide applications and features.
Our vision at Tesco is to become every customer’s favourite way to shop, whether they are at home or out on the move. Our core purpose is “Serving our customers, communities and planet a little better every day”. Serving means more than a transactional relationship with our customers. It means acting as a responsible and sustainable business for all stakeholders, for the communities we are part of, and for the planet.
We are proud to have an inclusive culture at Tesco where everyone truly feels able to be themselves. At Tesco, we not only celebrate diversity, but recognise the value and opportunity it brings. We’re committed to creating a workplace where differences are valued, and make sure that all colleagues are given the same opportunities. We’re a big business with diverse working patterns and many business areas which means that we can find something that works for you. Everyone is welcome at Tesco.
We have recently announced that we are moving to a more blended working week – combining office and remote working. Our offices continue to be where we connect, collaborate and innovate. Talk to us about how this can work for you.
Note: Should you be successful in your application, your employment will be subject to and conditional upon you providing your bank account details on your agreed start date.