The following content displays a map of the jobs location - WGC
Assistant Markdown Planner
This job has been closed.
What’s in it for you
We offer excellent benefits that help make Tesco a great place to work! These include but are not limited to:
- Annual bonus scheme.
- Holiday starting at 20 days plus a personal day rising to 22 days after 12 months (plus 8 Bank holidays).
- Retirement savings plan - save between 4% and 7.5% and Tesco will match your contribution.
- Life Assurance - 5 x contractual pay.
- Great colleague deals and discounts, saving you money on everyday purchases, eating out and utility bills for the home.
- Opportunities to get on - take advantage of our ongoing learning opportunities and award-winning training, to help you achieve the job and career you want.
Click here to read more about the benefits we have available for our colleagues.
About the role
We are delighted to share that we are recruiting for an Assistant Planner to join us here at Tesco working in the Home Category.
The successful candidate will play a pivotal role, working alongside various functions across the business, in the management and execution of both Markdown and Waste Management (Clear to zero).
Producing various analytic reporting tracking the Waste Spend helping to achieve the Home Waste Budget and Stock Numbers.
This role would suit someone with prior merchandising experience along with a strong analytical mindset.
The hiring manager for this role is Allison Johnson - firstname.lastname@example.org
You will be responsible for
- Management of Waste (Clear to Zero) and Markdown Process across all Home Departments. Ensuring that all Discontinued Products are entered into the process or have an Exit Plan.
- Understanding of the Waste Budget. Highlighting issues with resolutions.
- Production of analysis / reports to support my Manager, Home Commercial Teams, Technical and Retail Support.
- Understand the Home Stock Strategy and plan in place to help achieve. Ability to demonstrate how Waste / Markdown has helped to deliver the target.
- Coordinator between the UK Commercial Teams, Markdown Team, Bengaluru Team and Retail Support
- Pro-actively look for opportunities to improve the Waste and Markdown Process. Ability to drive change.
You will need
- Prior experience in Retail and Inventory Management
- Merchandising Principles / Experience
- Analysis skills
- Excellent Excel Skills. Some SQL experience preferred but not essential
- Knowledge of Tesco MD Policy preferred but not essential
Our vision at Tesco is to become every customer's favourite way to shop, whether they are at home or out on the move. Our core purpose is ‘Serving our customers, communities and planet a little better every day’. Serving means more than a transactional relationship with our customers. It means acting as a responsible and sustainable business for all stakeholders, for the communities we are part of and for the planet.
We are proud to have an inclusive culture at Tesco where everyone truly feels able to be themselves. At Tesco, we not only celebrate diversity, but recognise the value and opportunity it brings. We're committed to creating a workplace where differences are valued, and make sure that all colleagues are given the same opportunities. We're a big business with diverse working patterns and many business areas which means that we can find something that works for you. Everyone is welcome at Tesco.
We have recently announced that we will be moving towards a more blended working week – combining office and remote working. Our offices will continue to be where we connect, collaborate and innovate. Please talk to us to about how this can work for you.
NOTE: Should you be successful in your application, your offer will be subject to and conditional upon you providing your bank account details on your agreed start date.