The following content displays a map of the jobs location - Farringdon/Hybrid
UX Designer - Loyalty & Support
This job has been closed.
What’s in it for you
We offer excellent benefits that help make Tesco a great place to work! These include but are not limited to:
- Annual bonus scheme
- Holiday starting at 25 days plus a personal day (and bank holidays)
- Great colleague discounts and deals, saving you money on everyday purchases, utility bills for the home and more
- Retirement savings plan – save between 4% and 7.5% and Tesco will match your contribution
- Buy as you earn and Save as you earn share schemes
- Opportunities to get on – take advantage of our ongoing learning opportunities and award-winning training to help you achieve the career you want
About the role
Tesco are looking for an experienced UX designer to join the Loyalty and Support design team. You’ll be responsible for driving UX discovery and delivery in multi-disciplinary product teams and playing a key role in helping understand how to develop and improve our design practices. Your work will have a positive and tangible impact on millions of customers.
You will be responsible for
- Work in partnership with Product Managers to understand and define customer problems and to build testable hypotheses that improve the customer experience
- Identify, communicate and work to mitigate assumptions and risks arising out of product discovery and design
- Demonstrate deep knowledge of customer needs and use this knowledge to advise and support product development
- Uncover new customer needs and inform Tesco’s knowledge about its customers
- Present and support your designs and key breakthrough deliverables to peers and senior level team members
- Understand and apply the trade-offs between usability, creativity, and performance in meeting business goals
- Engage stakeholders in research and design process through teamwork, workshops, design shares, and show & tells
- Work with others to build and establish standardised practices within the design team, including ongoing development of our design system
- Organisation, documentation of working digital assets to establish conventions and etiquette across teams and products
- Use quantitative and qualitative research and insight to inform design decisions and articulate them to the business
- Produce design executions that use inclusive design principles and align with W3C accessibility guidelines
- Collaborate and connect with UI designers, UX writers, developers, analysts, researchers, and project managers across teams to produce effective multi-channel experiences.
- Review and constructively feedback on work from designers across the team
- Contribute to building and encouraging a positive, valuable team culture
You will need
- At least 3 years’ experience working within UX Design
- A strong, well-curated portfolio demonstrating your expertise
- Prior involvement in high-profile design projects in a commercial environment
- First-hand experience of agile methodologies and practice
- Able to work with and deliver personas, user journeys, page flows, wireframes, site architectures, navigation models, interface scamps, page comps, interactive prototypes, interaction guides
- Proficiency with the latest versions of the following software applications, or similar: Figma, Sketch, Marvel, Miro, Axure
- Validated experience crafting intuitive graphical interfaces for desktop, tablet, and mobile devices
- Ability to use both quant and qual insight to inform decision-making
- Experience at carrying out or participating in customer research – including interviews, observation, and usability testing
Our vision at Tesco is to become every customer’s favourite way to shop, whether they are at home or out on the move. Our core purpose is “Serving our customers, communities and planet a little better every day”. Serving means more than a transactional relationship with our customers. It means acting as a responsible and sustainable business for all stakeholders, for the communities we are part of, and for the planet.
We are proud to have an inclusive culture at Tesco where everyone truly feels able to be themselves. At Tesco, we not only celebrate diversity, but recognise the value and opportunity it brings. We’re committed to creating a workplace where differences are valued, and make sure that all colleagues are given the same opportunities. We’re a big business with diverse working patterns and many business areas which means that we can find something that works for you. Everyone is welcome at Tesco.
We have recently announced that we are moving to a more blended working week – combining office and remote working. Our offices continue to be where we connect, collaborate and innovate. Talk to us about how this can work for you.
Note: Should you be successful in your application, your employment will be subject to and conditional upon you providing your bank account details on your agreed start date.