The following content displays a map of the jobs location - Welwyn Garden City
Technical Programme Manager (Access Control - Store Operations)
This job has been closed.
What’s in it for you
We offer excellent benefits that help make Tesco a great place to work! These include but are not limited to:
- Annual bonus scheme
- Holiday starting at 25 days plus a personal day (and bank holidays)
- Great colleague discounts and deals, saving you money on everyday purchases, utility bills for the home and more
- Retirement savings plan – save between 4% and 7.5% and Tesco will match your contribution
- Buy as you earn and Save as you earn share schemes
- Opportunities to get on – take advantage of our ongoing learning opportunities and award-winning training to help you achieve the career you want
About the role
We have an exciting opportunity for a Technical Project Manager / Technical Programme Manager to join the Store Operations Programme Team where you will have the opportunity to work within our team to deliver a programme focusing in improving colleague safety by ensuring high risk and high value areas in store are controlled and secured.
You will work closely with our development teams, our product and channels colleagues, and our security and networks colleagues to pull together all aspects of the work to ensure that delivery is fit for purpose and meets the required technology standards.
You will be responsible for
You will be responsible for
- Ensuring that the Access Control programme is initiated and delivered, including:
- Understanding of build/buy proposals for software
- Programme Management of in-house engineering teams
- RFP and deployment planning for hardware solutions at scale
- Service introduction
- Working with appropriate teams to agree and deliver strategic solutions and APIs for Tesco, including:
- Alignment with People strategies
You will need
- A proven record of accomplishment in delivering technology and/or hardware programmes, ideally across a range of APIs
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrate resilience during incidents or change and continue delivery
- The ability to influence without authority.
- Flexibility, ability to plan and organise, responsiveness, self-starter
- Strong Project, Stakeholder & Programme management skills, including:-
- Initiating and shaping programmes with substantial ambiguity, across multiple domains
- Building and managing plans, with clear transition states/phases, milestones & critical path
- Proactively identifying issues, risks & dependencies, working closely with Product and Engineering teams to resolve, mitigate, transparently track and make visible
- Understanding the trade-offs and resulting impacts; making impacts visible to Product, Infrastructure or Engineering for the right decision to be made
- Experience of working with multiple teams to deliver expected outcomes
- Experience of working with suppliers and 3rd parties
- Finance Management
Our vision at Tesco is to become every customer’s favourite way to shop, whether they are at home or out on the move. Our core purpose is “Serving our customers, communities and planet a little better every day”. Serving means more than a transactional relationship with our customers. It means acting as a responsible and sustainable business for all stakeholders, for the communities we are part of, and for the planet.
We are proud to have an inclusive culture at Tesco where everyone truly feels able to be themselves. At Tesco, we not only celebrate diversity, but recognise the value and opportunity it brings. We’re committed to creating a workplace where differences are valued, and make sure that all colleagues are given the same opportunities. We’re a big business with diverse working patterns and many business areas which means that we can find something that works for you. Everyone is welcome at Tesco.
We have recently announced that we are moving to a more blended working week – combining office and remote working. Our offices continue to be where we connect, collaborate and innovate. Talk to us about how this can work for you.
Note: Should you be successful in your application, your employment will be subject to and conditional upon you providing your bank account details on your agreed start date.