The following content displays a map of the jobs location - London
Senior Software Engineer - One Account (Frontend)
This job has been closed.
What’s in it for you
We offer excellent benefits that help make Tesco a great place to work! These include but are not limited to:
- Annual bonus scheme
- Holiday starting at 25 days plus a personal day (and bank holidays)
- Great colleague discounts and deals, saving you money on everyday purchases, utility bills for the home and more
- Retirement savings plan – save between 4% and 7.5% and Tesco will match your contribution
- Buy as you earn and Save as you earn share schemes
- Opportunities to get on – take advantage of our ongoing learning opportunities and award-winning training to help you achieve the career you want
About the role
What we do
We own the onboarding and account management front-ends across Tesco's online sites, serving millions of customers across UK and Republic of Ireland with their Grocery Home Shopping and more. We're also working on extending our services to more countries that Tesco operates in!
How we do it
We operate using the DevOps mindset and our engineers own the full stack; from developing React front-ends for our micro-apps to building Node backends to maintaining and monitoring Azure infrastructure as code. We use lightweight practices across the board, with highly autonomous sub-teams delivering specific outcomes with extensive test coverage at all layers. We continuously improve our code and our processes, and engineers get dedicated time for technical improvement and training days.
Some of the tech we are using at scale: React, Redux, Node.js, Docker, Azure DevOps
You will be responsible for
- Translating requirements into tasks & code.
- Producing test-driven features and demonstrating your familiarity with the TDD cycle.
- Applying your understanding of cohesion and the SOLID principles to create well structured, maintainable software.
- Working with product teams to communicate and translate needs into product improvements.
- Supporting production systems, resolving incidents, and performing root cause analysis.
- Sharing knowledge with the wider engineering community.
- Producing proof of concepts to evaluate new tools.
You will need
Experience relevant for the job:
- Full stack experience preferred
- Experience with Azure cloud platform
- Understanding and exposure to integrating REST API endpoints
- Strong experience and understanding of industry standard web accessibility, web design & usability; to support sites cross browser/platform/device
- A desire to write readable, maintainable, modular and extendable code
- Exposure to the DevOps model
- Experience in Lean and Agile environments and understanding of principles behind methodologies such as TDD
- Experience scaling systems
Skills relevant for the job:
- Written and verbal English communication skills.
- Problem solving, analysis and computational skills.
- Customer focus.
- Innovative approach to problem solving.
Our vision at Tesco is to become every customer’s favourite way to shop, whether they are at home or out on the move. Our core purpose is “Serving our customers, communities and planet a little better every day”. Serving means more than a transactional relationship with our customers. It means acting as a responsible and sustainable business for all stakeholders, for the communities we are part of, and for the planet.
We are proud to have an inclusive culture at Tesco where everyone truly feels able to be themselves. At Tesco, we not only celebrate diversity, but recognise the value and opportunity it brings. We’re committed to creating a workplace where differences are valued, and make sure that all colleagues are given the same opportunities. We’re a big business with diverse working patterns and many business areas which means that we can find something that works for you. Everyone is welcome at Tesco.
We have recently announced that we are moving to a more blended working week – combining office and remote working. Our offices continue to be where we connect, collaborate and innovate. Talk to us about how this can work for you.
Note: Should you be successful in your application, your employment will be subject to and conditional upon you providing your bank account details on your agreed start date.