The following content displays a map of the jobs location - Welwyn Garden City
Lead Technical Programme Manager (Supplier Partner Services)
What’s in it for you
We offer excellent benefits that help make Tesco a great place to work! These include but are not limited to:
- Annual bonus scheme
- Holiday starting at 25 days plus a personal day (and bank holidays)
- Great colleague discounts and deals, saving you money on everyday purchases, utility bills for the home and more
- Retirement savings plan – save between 4% and 7.5% and Tesco will match your contribution
- Buy as you earn and Save as you earn share schemes
- Opportunities to get on – take advantage of our ongoing learning opportunities and award-winning training to help you achieve the career you want
About the role
We are an ambitious Programme, Product & Engineering Team at Tesco striving to deliver value and quality to our customers (Suppliers, Buyers) by crafting more self-sufficient, efficient, informative applications to assist users to complete their day to day activities.
These programmes contribute significantly to the strategic objectives of the organisation including closely working with multiple collaborators & partners delivering tailored technology services and new Service Model Processes within the business to deliver towards one of our Big 6 Objectives: “To build Trusted Partnerships”
Few of the key programmes in this portfolio include
- Delivery of our Partners’ Toolkit application which is the front door of our Business to Partners/Suppliers – Vision: “A single destination that provides access to everything our diverse partners need to work with Tesco throughout all stages of our relationship”
- Delivery of our Supplier Performance Reporting systems: Vision: “To share trading information with our partners in new ways to help them manage their business more effectively and provide a better service to Tesco's shoppers”
- Delivery of our Trading Partner Service Application: “We truly understand all Tesco Partners and their complex and diverse global relationships with us”
You will be responsible for
Whilst specific responsibilities will be dependent upon the changing needs of the Tesco business, the following provides an overview of the role’s key responsibilities and measures:
- Deliver sophisticated programmes with multiple business and technical risks that will impact the success of key Tesco business priorities
- Establish new or improve existing programme delivery methodology to deliver the programme goals
- Shape programmes with ambiguous scope and uncertain delivery approach
- Create and track a plan to deliver the programme goals, including the technical implementation plan, ensuring colleagues and customers from across Tesco are kept up-to-date
- Provide advice and guidance on programme delivery (mentoring other TPMs and supporting Engineering/Product teams)
- Understand trade-offs in software delivery using experience and influencing skills to drive consensus with the Engineering and Product teams to obtain the best value and solution
- Possess foresight potential risks and issues, establish a process, facilitate discussion and handle user problems
- Able to be aware and evaluate trends and new concepts in programme and product delivery
- Be able to understand a technical architecture to be able to foresee the impact on dependencies, delivery timelines and implementation plans
- Build positive relationships with suppliers & external partners to deliver software or professional services, holding them to account on delivery and improvement plans
- Support vendor selection processes (tendering, agreeing SLAs, warranty periods, outsourcing)
- Mentor and coach peers, teach where required, on methodologies, programme management tools and leadership
You will need
An ideal candidate must have proven below key skills in their current and past roles
- Have a solid track record of accomplishment in delivering technology and/or infrastructure; having done so across multiple teams in multiple geographies
- Have Experience of building credible relationships and influencing senior management & leadership teams
- Work through multiple time zones to deliver cross country programs
- Strong Project, Customer & Programme leadership skills
- Strong vendor management and negotiating skills.
- Outstanding reporting skills for programs
- Strong communication & influencing skills and adoptability to changes
Our vision at Tesco is to become every customer’s favourite way to shop, whether they are at home or out on the move. Our core purpose is “Serving our customers, communities and planet a little better every day”. Serving means more than a transactional relationship with our customers. It means acting as a responsible and sustainable business for all stakeholders, for the communities we are part of, and for the planet.
We are proud to have an inclusive culture at Tesco where everyone truly feels able to be themselves. At Tesco, we not only celebrate diversity, but recognise the value and opportunity it brings. We’re committed to creating a workplace where differences are valued, and make sure that all colleagues are given the same opportunities. We’re a big business with diverse working patterns and many business areas which means that we can find something that works for you. Everyone is welcome at Tesco.
We have recently announced that we are moving to a more blended working week – combining office and remote working. Our offices continue to be where we connect, collaborate and innovate. Talk to us about how this can work for you.
Note: Should you be successful in your application, your employment will be subject to and conditional upon you providing your bank account details on your agreed start date.