The following content displays a map of the jobs location - Welwyn Garden City
Technical Project Manager - Agile/Scrum
This job has been closed.
What’s in it for you
We offer excellent benefits that help make Tesco a great place to work! These include but are not limited to:
- Annual bonus scheme
- Holiday starting at 25 days plus a personal day (and bank holidays)
- Great colleague discounts and deals, saving you money on everyday purchases, utility bills for the home and more
- Retirement savings plan – save between 4% and 7.5% and Tesco will match your contribution
- Buy as you earn and Save as you earn share schemes
- Opportunities to get on – take advantage of our ongoing learning opportunities and award-winning training to help you achieve the career you want
About the role
We have an exciting opportunity for a TPM (Technical Project Manager) to join Tesco Technology where you will help define and mature the processes of the Application Security team who provide security testing solutions that help software engineers in writing more secure application code.
We're looking for a talented, energetic TPM with proven experience of delivering value in an Agile model to join our team. This role would suit someone with a broad range of experience and a passion for modern development technologies and practices and secure application development.
You will be responsible for
Whilst specific responsibilities will be dependent upon the changing needs of the Tesco business, the following provides an overview of the role’s key responsibilities and measures:
- Creating and maintaining Agile maturity and embed Agile mindset across the team, coaching where required on methodologies and programme management tools.
- Deliver product releases and value with business and technical risks
- Bring together, coordinate, and energise virtual technology teams to deliver programme goals
- Create and track a plan to deliver the project/programme goals, including the technical implementation plan
- Understand trade-offs and resulting impacts; make impacts visible to Product, Infrastructure or Engineering for the right decision to be made
- Managing dependencies, delivery timelines and implementations plans, using knowledge of technical architecture
- Appreciating and responding to delivery challenges, using knowledge of engineering best practices and/or infrastructure implementations
- Effectively manage major incidents, ensuring stakeholders are updated with the right information to drive the correct decisions
- Build positive relationships with stakeholders to deliver software and professional services
You will need
- Experience of delivering projects using Agile, Scrum, Kanban, and other methodologies, including facilitating of agile ceremonies.
- You will be an enthusiastic, flexible, and responsive person with the ability to plan and organise.
- Experience of delivering technology projects or programmes, involving Product Management, Software Engineering teams and Third-Party Suppliers.
- Experience of using Jira, Trello, confluence, and Miro boards.
- Experience building credible relationships with stakeholders.
- Experience managing 3rd party suppliers.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills – you must be able to articulate complex concepts to a diverse audience.
- An industry recognised Agile project management, or Scrum certification will be huge plus but not mandatory.
Our vision at Tesco is to become every customer’s favourite way to shop, whether they are at home or out on the move. Our core purpose is “Serving our customers, communities and planet a little better every day”. Serving means more than a transactional relationship with our customers. It means acting as a responsible and sustainable business for all stakeholders, for the communities we are part of, and for the planet.
We are proud to have an inclusive culture at Tesco where everyone truly feels able to be themselves. At Tesco, we not only celebrate diversity, but recognise the value and opportunity it brings. We’re committed to creating a workplace where differences are valued, and make sure that all colleagues are given the same opportunities. We’re a big business with diverse working patterns and many business areas which means that we can find something that works for you. Everyone is welcome at Tesco.
We have recently announced that we are moving to a more blended working week – combining office and remote working. Our offices continue to be where we connect, collaborate and innovate. Talk to us about how this can work for you.
Note: Should you be successful in your application, your employment will be subject to and conditional upon you providing your bank account details on your agreed start date.