The following content displays a map of the jobs location - Welwyn Garden City
Systems Engineering Manager - Video & Voice
What’s in it for you
We offer excellent benefits that help make Tesco a great place to work! These include but are not limited to:
- Annual bonus scheme
- Holiday starting at 25 days plus a personal day (and bank holidays)
- Great colleague discounts and deals, saving you money on everyday purchases, utility bills for the home and more
- Retirement savings plan – save between 4% and 7.5% and Tesco will match your contribution
- Buy as you earn and Save as you earn share schemes
- Opportunities to get on – take advantage of our ongoing learning opportunities and award-winning training to help you achieve the career you want
About the role
The Global Infrastructure Team design, develop and operate the Technology Infrastructure which underpins Tesco’s ability to serve customers and support colleagues. Our responsibilities span technologies across data centres, offices, stores and distribution centres and the global network which connects them. The global team is distributed across the UK, Central Europe, India and Asia.
You will be responsible for
The Systems Engineering Manager helps to define and influence the technical roadmap for their area. This role is critical in shaping the team and working with the programme function to effectively deliver against the roadmap, as well as ensuring that the delivered technologies are highly available, and are continually maintained.
You will also:
• Discover and implement new technologies that improve functionality, availability, cost efficiency, and security for Tesco’s systems.
• Leads a team of System Engineers who design, develop, and manage Tesco’s systems.
• Manage Roadmaps, KPI’s and budget related to the technical areas, I look after.
• Collaborate with other teams across all of Tesco Technology and vendors to ensure service and project delivery.
• Define simple management summary from complex technical topics and drive logical decisions at all levels within Tesco.
You will need
- Voice solutions (VOIP, Microsoft Teams Enterprise Voice, PSTN, Mobile Telephony, AudioCodes Session Border Controllers, Global SIP, Vocovo, Retail Communications)
- Collaboration solutions (Cisco Call Manager, Cisco Telepresence, Microsoft Teams / Microsoft Teams Rooms etc)
- Understand, Initiate supplier Proof of Concept activity.
- Have an understanding of how Infrastructure designs and implementations impact the budget.
- Productivity and collaboration solutions – Strong expertise on MS O365. Experience in supplementary tools like Condeco, Miro, Slido etc. will be plus.
- Colleague communication / broadcast tools (vBrick, Microsoft Teams Live Events or similar)
- Experience and expertise in managing Voice, videoconference, broadcast event solutions.
- Motivate your team with clear expectations and providing recognition.
- Create a positive and supportive culture in your team.
Our vision at Tesco is to become every customer’s favourite way to shop, whether they are at home or out on the move. Our core purpose is “Serving our customers, communities and planet a little better every day”. Serving means more than a transactional relationship with our customers. It means acting as a responsible and sustainable business for all stakeholders, for the communities we are part of, and for the planet.
We are proud to have an inclusive culture at Tesco where everyone truly feels able to be themselves. At Tesco, we not only celebrate diversity, but recognise the value and opportunity it brings. We’re committed to creating a workplace where differences are valued, and make sure that all colleagues are given the same opportunities. We’re a big business with diverse working patterns and many business areas which means that we can find something that works for you. Everyone is welcome at Tesco.
We have recently announced that we are moving to a more blended working week – combining office and remote working. Our offices continue to be where we connect, collaborate and innovate. Talk to us about how this can work for you.
Note: Should you be successful in your application, your employment will be subject to and conditional upon you providing your bank account details on your agreed start date.