The following content displays a map of the jobs location - London
Product Manager - Customer Not Present Payments
What’s in it for you
We offer excellent benefits that help make Tesco a great place to work! These include but are not limited to:
- Annual bonus scheme
- Holiday starting at 25 days plus a personal day (and bank holidays)
- Great colleague discounts and deals, saving you money on everyday purchases, utility bills for the home and more
- Retirement savings plan – save between 4% and 7.5% and Tesco will match your contribution
- Buy as you earn and Save as you earn share schemes
- Opportunities to get on – take advantage of our ongoing learning opportunities and award-winning training to help you achieve the career you want
About the role
Tesco is one of Europe’s largest retailers and accepts over 2.5 billion customer payments per year.
Our product vision is to make payment a reason for customers to shop more of Tesco, more often.
As Product Manager for Customer Not Present payment, you will drive the strategy and day-to-day execution for ecommerce and digital payment processing at Tesco. Your product drives customer frequency and spend by balancing payment liability with delivery of a world class friction-free checkout experience.
Europe’s biggest grocery home delivery websites and apps already use your product. You will lead your in-house product squad to iterate a payment capability platform, enabling customer propositions to be quickly tested and optimised. Tesco invests heavily in innovation to meet new and emerging customer needs. Online marketplaces, on-demand delivery (Tesco Whoosh), robot and drone delivery, checkout-free stores (Tesco GetGo), and more.
So, if you care about easy and secure remote payments, transaction risk analysis, 3DS challenge rates, basket abandonment, payment declines - and want to have global impact - then we want to hear from you!
You will be obsessive about the role of payments play in customers’ lives and how payments impact customers’ overall experience with Tesco. You will combine market, internal and customer perspectives, to create the insights, strategies and roadmaps that focus their team on the most important problems to solve for Tesco customers.
Our Payment product development teams are responsible for payment experience and processing for all Tesco markets globally. Our products are helpful, efficient, safe, and rewarding. Our portfolio of payment products includes card payment readers and cash acceptance instore, digital checkouts, payment gateways, payment history, and our Tesco wallet. We enable innovation through a developer-friendly, omnichannel retail platform that is controlled, built, and operated by Tesco.
The Payment product development team are a cross functional Agile, Lean Product team of engineers, product managers and programme managers, based within Tesco Technology. We work from office locations in the United Kingdom (London and Welwyn Garden City), India (Bengaluru) and Hungary (Budapest).
Be part of a payment and retail transformation. Join us!
You will be responsible for
Experiences relevant for this role
- Payment processing domain expert and well connected across the payments industry. A network that includes schemes, PSPs, and other merchant teams in non-competing markets would be an advantage.
- Has delivered change in a Retail environment (in-store, online)
- Leadership of an API or platform product to create new lines of business
- Efficient in stakeholder management
- Able to influence and guide partner product teams
- Business process mapping, workflow optimisation, human centred design
- Technically competent to influence and understand the solution context and approach (legacy, tactical, strategic) and trade-offs in software development choices
- Built scalable, resilience transactional services as part of a wider service orientated architecture for multiple consumers and front-end apps to use, e.g., Tills, Online
- Demonstrates progress against Objectives and Key Results
- Has taken multiple ideas through the software development lifecycle, from conception to go-live and ongoing optimisation
You will need
Product Vision and Strategy
- Works across the market, industry, and organisation to drive product strategies
- Knows the business strategy and is experienced in aligning their product vision to it
- Implements and adapts product strategy
- Implements an outcome focused mindset in the team
- Strong technical knowledge
- Has managed a product roadmap
- Experience of working in different flavours of Agile product development
- Experience coaching others to lead agile ceremonies
- Strong working relationships with Researchers, Designers, Engineers, and Analysts
- Experience providing direction to multiple product teams
- Uses a range of research techniques to deliver value
- Uses personas effectively
- Different design and testing techniques e.g., AB tests. Coaches others on what the results mean
- Instils a test and learn culture that encourages innovation
- Considers safety, security, and privacy from the outset
Delivery and Optimisation
- Prioritises effectively
- Makes decisions based on data
- Tests the riskiest assumption first
- Delivers value in slices
- Manages dependencies
- Keeps everyone informed, up to date and aligned
- Collaboration: You work across the business to achieve shared success
- Empathy: You build strong relationships with customers and colleagues
- Responsiveness: You are agile in the way you think, make decisions and handle change
- Resilience: You know your own source of energy and keep yourself fit for life
- Innovation: You keep your eyes open so you can lead the business for the future
Our vision at Tesco is to become every customer’s favourite way to shop, whether they are at home or out on the move. Our core purpose is “Serving our customers, communities and planet a little better every day”. Serving means more than a transactional relationship with our customers. It means acting as a responsible and sustainable business for all stakeholders, for the communities we are part of, and for the planet.
We are proud to have an inclusive culture at Tesco where everyone truly feels able to be themselves. At Tesco, we not only celebrate diversity, but recognise the value and opportunity it brings. We’re committed to creating a workplace where differences are valued, and make sure that all colleagues are given the same opportunities. We’re a big business with diverse working patterns and many business areas which means that we can find something that works for you. Everyone is welcome at Tesco.
We have recently announced that we are moving to a more blended working week – combining office and remote working. Our offices continue to be where we connect, collaborate and innovate. Talk to us about how this can work for you.
Note: Should you be successful in your application, your employment will be subject to and conditional upon you providing your bank account details on your agreed start date.