The following content displays a map of the jobs location - Welwyn Garden City; London;
Technical Programme Manager (Data & Analytics)
Job Reference tesco/TP/12738380/779765
What’s in it for you
We offer excellent benefits that help make Tesco a great place to work! These include but are not limited to:
- Annual bonus scheme
- Holiday starting at 25 days plus a personal day (and bank holidays)
- Great colleague discounts and deals, saving you money on everyday purchases, utility bills for the home and more
- Retirement savings plan – save between 4% and 7.5% and Tesco will match your contribution
- Buy as you earn and Save as you earn share schemes
- Opportunities to get on – take advantage of our ongoing learning opportunities and award-winning training to help you achieve the career you want
About the role
We have an outstanding opportunity for an experienced Technical Programme Manager to join Tesco’s Programme and Strategy team, part of the wider Data and Analytics team.
We are a true "hub and spoke" team engaging and managing dependencies with a vast number of teams within Tesco as well as third parties. Our role is to ensure data availability and quality in one central repository whilst supporting the delivery of key Tesco business priorities through our analytics, visualisation and data science programmes.
This role will be responsible for establishing and managing programmes of work covering our data science, analytics and BI tools and data engineering teams.
You will be responsible for
- Coordinate teams to deliver for complex programmes with multiple business and technical risks that will impact the success of key Tesco business priorities
- Create and track a plan to deliver the programme goals, including the technical implementation plan, ensuring colleagues and stakeholders from across Tesco are kept up-to-date
- Manage dependencies and risk, to minimise delivery risk
- Prepare and present to governance sessions
- Establish new, or improve existing, programme delivery methodology to deliver the programme goals
- Shape programmes with ambiguous scope and uncertain delivery approach
- Understand trade-offs in software delivery using experience and influencing skills to drive consensus with the Engineering and Product teams to obtain the best value and solution
- Foresee potential risks and issues, establish a process, facilitate discussion and manage escalations
- Be aware and evaluate trends and new concepts in programme and product delivery
- Be able to understand a technical architecture to be able to foresee the impact on dependencies, delivery timelines and implementation plans
- Have good knowledge of engineering best practices and practical infrastructure implementations to appreciate delivery challenges
- Collaborate with the Product and Engineering teams to define annual budgetary requirements
- Contribute actively to TPM community
You will need
- Have a proven record of accomplishment in delivering technology and/or infrastructure; having done so across multiple teams in multiple geographies
- Have experience of building credible relationships and influencing senior management & leadership teams
- Strong Project, Stakeholder & Programme management skills
- Excellent reporting skills for programs
- Good communication & influencing skills and adaptability to change
- Relevant experience in a data and/or analytics role (preferred)
- Experience working with agile development and programme delivery methodologies
Our vision at Tesco is to become every customer’s favourite way to shop, whether they are at home or out on the move. Our core purpose is “Serving our customers, communities and planet a little better every day”. Serving means more than a transactional relationship with our customers. It means acting as a responsible and sustainable business for all stakeholders, for the communities we are part of, and for the planet.
We are proud to have an inclusive culture at Tesco where everyone truly feels able to be themselves. At Tesco, we not only celebrate diversity, but recognise the value and opportunity it brings. We’re committed to creating a workplace where differences are valued, and make sure that all colleagues are given the same opportunities. We’re a big business with diverse working patterns and many business areas which means that we can find something that works for you. Everyone is welcome at Tesco.
We have recently announced that we are moving to a more blended working week – combining office and remote working. Our offices continue to be where we connect, collaborate and innovate. Talk to us about how this can work for you.
Note: Should you be successful in your application, your employment will be subject to and conditional upon you providing your bank account details on your agreed start date.