The following content displays a map of the jobs location - Aylesford
What’s in it for you
We have various shifts available part time and full time.
We offer excellent benefits that help make Tesco a great place to work. These include but aren’t limited to:
- Holiday starting at 20 days plus a personal day rising to 22 days after 12 months (plus Bank holidays)
- 10% Discount Card increasing to 15% after every pay for a 4 day period
- Life assurance
- Retirement saving plan
- Great colleague deals and discounts, saving you money on everyday purchases
- Uniform provided
Click here to read more about the benefits we have available for our colleagues
- If you are applying for a vacancy on a Flexible Contract this means that we will contract you for a certain amount of hours per week, but we may ask you to increase your hours based on the availability you provide us with at interview.
- You may be contracted for a 4-hour shift on a Wednesday, but we may ask you to work 7.5 hours on that day, as long as we give over 2 hours’ notice and you informed us at interview that you are happy to increase your hours on a Wednesday.
Should you be successful in your application, your offer will be subject to and conditional upon you providing your bank account details before your agreed start date.
About the role
Customers are at the heart of everything we do.
It takes lots of different people to run a fulfilment centre and this is a job with plenty of variety. It’s a committed role, full of everyday challenges, but that’s one of the things that makes it so rewarding.
▪ Being a Tesco Colleague in one of our centres means that you will be part of a team who help to serve our customers a little better every day.
▪ You’ll meet great people, learn new things and be part of an expert diverse team where everyone is welcome.
▪ Whether you are looking for stability or flexibility to suit your lifestyle, or the opportunity to progress your career, this can be the role for you.
You will be responsible for
Delivering your part of our customer shopping trip by:
▪ Carrying out clean as you go routines, using the clean as you go tools.
▪ Keeping aisles clear of congestion when replenishing or picking products.
▪ Working in a clean, tidy and organised manner and taking any equipment that needs cleaning out of use.
▪ Following the warehouse/storage plan, putting everything back in its place.
▪ Ensuring trays used for picking are clean, taking dirty trays out of use to be cleaned.
Regularly replenishing products so customers can get what they want:
▪ Filling products that matter most to our customers first if there are gaps.
▪ Making sure I know where products have moved to after merchandising activity.
▪ Pulling stock forward and removing cardboard so products are easily visible.
▪ Keeping the warehouse organised, putting everything back where it belongs.
▪ Completing any stock routines accurately and on time.
▪ Picking online customers shopping accurately, with the best possible quality and freshness, completing substitutions as required.
▪ Making sure items picked are of the highest standard of quality, with the best possible date for fresh products.
You will need
▪ Build relationships with colleagues to create team spirit, working together to make sure our store is the best it can be for customers.
▪ Warm and welcoming in interactions with customers and colleagues, taking time to understand the customer and say ‘Thank you’.
▪ Acting quickly to respond to the changing needs of our customers and embracing change within my store.
▪ Energetic and driven to deliver beyond expectations, integrating home and work to achieve a balance that is right for me.
▪ Sharing ideas with my Manager and other colleagues on how we can improve our store for customers.
Our vision here at Tesco is to become every customer's favourite way to shop, whether they are at home or out on the move. Our core purpose is ‘Serving Britain's shoppers a little better every day’. Our business was built with a simple mission – to be the champion for customers, helping them to enjoy a better quality of life and an easier way of living. This hasn't changed. Customers want great products at great value which they can buy easily and it's our job to deliver this in the right way for them. In the UK, we serve some 66 shoppers every second, so it's our goal to ensure every one of those customers experiences just a little better service on each visit.
At Tesco, inclusion means that Everyone’s Welcome. Everyone is treated fairly and with respect; by valuing individuality and uniqueness we create a sense of belonging. Diversity and inclusion have always been at the heart of Tesco. It is embedded in our values: we treat people how they want to be treated. We always want our colleagues to feel they can be themselves at work and we are committed to helping them be at their best. Across the Tesco group we are building an inclusive workplace, a place to actively celebrate the cultures, personalities and preferences of our colleagues – who in turn help to build the success of our business and reflect the diversity of the communities we serve.
Tesco will only recruit individuals who have passed the school leaver’s age. To find out the school leavers age for your country please click here
We can only accept candidates over the age of 18 if the role requires working before 6:15 am or after 9:45 pm or involves working in areas such as the warehouse, beers, wines & spirits, counters, bakery and driving roles.
On the occasions where we have high volumes of applicants, some roles may close earlier than the advertised end date in order for us to manage all of the applicants appropriately. We will only be able to offer individual feedback to those candidates who attend an interview.