The following content displays a map of the jobs location - Catterick Garrison (North Yorkshire)
Duty Pharmacy Manager - Catterick Garrison (North Yorkshire)
What’s in it for you
Our Pharmacies are led and supported exclusively by Pharmacists; we are always looking to develop new ways to deliver the best service possible for our communities.
Along with providing a secure and flexible work environment, we offer excellent benefits that help make Tesco a great place to work! These include but are not limited to:
- Annual payment of your GPhC fee
- Annual Bonus Scheme
- Tesco store discount savings up to £1500 per year on most Tesco purchases
- An exclusive to Tesco pharmacy training programme in partnership with Diabetes UK, Cancer Research UK and British Heart Foundation) to support our customers with questions or their concerns on Cancer, Heart & Circulatory disease and Diabetes.
- Starting at 28 days Holiday (including bank holidays) + 1 personal day
- Contributory pension scheme
- A structured training plan for Pharmacy Leadership, crafted by industry specialists
- Competitive maternity, paternity & adoption leave
- Great colleague deals and discounts, saving you money on everyday purchases, eating out and utility bills for the home
- For those requiring it, expert support and assistance through the application process for the new UK health and social care visa process
Click here to read more about the benefits we have available for our colleagues.
About the role
Discover what it’s like to work as a Pharmacist and leader in a fast-paced environment, where colleagues are passionate about delivering a gold standard of service and patient care.
As a Duty Pharmacy Manager, you'll play a significant role in supporting the managing, encouraging, and developing a team of colleagues whilst delivering a great service. Your work will provide you with numerous opportunities for continued professional development, peer review and reflective learning.
Our Pharmacy Managers are supported by wider store teams, such as security, stock replenishment, range management, and administration to ensure smooth and consistent experience for our customers and patients, whilst maintaining theirs and our colleague’s safety.
We are looking for hardworking Pharmacy professionals who can lead and deliver the highest quality healthcare service to our customers. In return, we'll provide an encouraging team, detailed industry training and a multi-layered working environment where no two days are the same.
You will be responsible for
- Making sure our medicines are easily accessed, providing patient services, dispensing, and giving healthcare advice
- Supporting the manager to lead, empower and develop your colleagues
- Keeping the business and the customer safe and legal
- Supporting the manager in building working relationships with Primary Care Organisations (PCOs) and GP surgeries and ensuring payment claims are accurate for anything covered by the NHS
You will need
- A Pharmacy Degree
- A passion for leading and empowering a team
- Membership of the General Pharmaceutical Council (GPhC)
- Hepatitis B immunisation (or be prepared to be immunised after starting)
- Pharmacists working for Tesco will have to complete a DBS check (organised by Tesco) prior to commencement of employment
Our Pharmacy Managers are supported by wider store teams, such as security, stock replenishment, range management, and administration to ensure smooth and consistent experience for our customers and patients, whilst maintaining theirs and our colleagues safety.
Tesco Pharmacies offers colleagues a high level of working flexibility and control over their work rotas. This enables routine overlap periods with other pharmacists on duty, so ideas about patient care and colleague development can be worked on together.
We are proud to have an inclusive culture at Tesco where everyone truly feels able to be themselves
We're a big business with diverse working patterns and many business areas which means that we can find something that works for you. Everyone is welcome at Tesco.