The following content displays a map of the jobs location - London
This job has been closed.
What’s in it for you
We offer excellent benefits that help make Tesco a great place to work! These include but are not limited to:
- Annual bonus scheme
- Holiday starting at 25 days plus a personal day (and bank holidays)
- Great colleague discounts and deals, saving you money on everyday purchases, utility bills for the home and more
- Retirement savings plan – save between 4% and 7.5% and Tesco will match your contribution
- Buy as you earn and Save as you earn share schemes
- Opportunities to get on – take advantage of our ongoing learning opportunities and award-winning training to help you achieve the career you want
About the role
This is an exciting opportunity for you to bring your experience and skills as an experimentation and analytics professional to a key role. You will actively contribute to the continuous improvement of the user experience through experimentation and insight.
You will collaborate with stakeholders to ensure that we focus on activities that genuinely make a difference to our customers and business.
As a specialist you will be part of a dynamic team that is determined to build and maintain a best-in-class experimentation programme that is at the centre of the digital development roadmap across all devices and platforms.
Experimentation at Tesco
Our experimentation programme goes beyond CRO. We are an experienced Experimentation Team running a mature programme of testing within a large scale Product Organisation. Our testing programme touches millions of customers and the resulting product enhancements deliver multi-million pound revenue and profit gains.
The Tesco Experimentation Team sits within the broader Analytics team and the Technology organisation. Our focus is on delivering great customer experiences across our websites, apps and digital experiences through insight and understanding driven by experimentation.
You will be responsible for
In this role you will:
- Work with stakeholders to identify and prioritise opportunities to improve customer experience and deliver business impact.
- Create compelling and comprehensive hypotheses that can be evaluated effectively through AB testing on Fullstack, Clientside and SDK.
- Manage and run testing activity from creating unambiguous plans through to implementation and analysis.
- Analyse and share results in an engaging way with actionable recommendations.
- Utilise Adobe Analytics and other insights tools to segment and evaluate test results.
- Contribute towards the prioritisation process and help shape the product roadmap.
- Follow our Business Code of Conduct and always act with integrity and due diligence.
You will need
Skills and experience relevant for this job:
- Proven track record of managing experimentation activity in a considered way that delivers improved commercial performance and customer insight.
- Customer centric mindset focused on delivering great user experiences.
- Demonstrable experience of testing platforms such as Optimizely and Leanplum.
- Experience of manipulating and analysing data in Adobe Analytics or similar.
- Good knowledge of experiment design and statistics for testing.
- A data-driven mind-set with strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Managing and influencing cross functional stakeholders
- University degree of 2:1 or higher in a quantitative discipline or relevant experience
- Experience in challenging the status quo and delivering innovation
In addition, this experience is desirable:
- Experience of working with AB testing tools
- Experience of working with Adobe Analytics
- Experience of working with Tableau
- Experience of working with Alteryx or other BI tools
Key people and teams I work with, in and outside of Tesco:
- Optimisation Managers and Analysts
- Product Managers
- UX Researchers & Designers
- Digital Analysts
- Web and App Engineers
Our vision at Tesco is to become every customer’s favourite way to shop, whether they are at home or out on the move. Our core purpose is “Serving our customers, communities and planet a little better every day”. Serving means more than a transactional relationship with our customers. It means acting as a responsible and sustainable business for all stakeholders, for the communities we are part of, and for the planet.
We are proud to have an inclusive culture at Tesco where everyone truly feels able to be themselves. At Tesco, we not only celebrate diversity, but recognise the value and opportunity it brings. We’re committed to creating a workplace where differences are valued, and make sure that all colleagues are given the same opportunities. We’re a big business with diverse working patterns and many business areas which means that we can find something that works for you. Everyone is welcome at Tesco.
We have recently announced that we are moving to a more blended working week – combining office and remote working. Our offices continue to be where we connect, collaborate and innovate. Talk to us about how this can work for you.
Note: Should you be successful in your application, your employment will be subject to and conditional upon you providing your bank account details on your agreed start date.