The following content displays a map of the jobs location - London
Senior Digital Product Analyst
Job Reference tesco/TP/11331704/778701
What’s in it for you
We offer excellent benefits that help make Tesco a great place to work! These include but are not limited to:
- Annual bonus scheme
- Holiday starting at 25 days plus a personal day (and bank holidays)
- Great colleague discounts and deals, saving you money on everyday purchases, utility bills for the home and more
- Retirement savings plan – save between 4% and 7.5% and Tesco will match your contribution
- Buy as you earn and Save as you earn share schemes
- Opportunities to get on – take advantage of our ongoing learning opportunities and award-winning training to help you achieve the career you want
About the role
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Digital Analyst to join our Product Analytics & Experimentation team, where you will deliver insightful and actionable data through reporting, analysis, and experimentation, with a focus on establishing best-practice processes and enabling data-driven decision making across all supported product teams. The team supports a variety of digital products, among which are the Tesco Groceries & Clubcard app, self-checkout tills in stores, and the Search and Recommenders APIs.
You will be responsible for
Whilst specific responsibilities will be dependent upon the changing needs of the Tesco business, the following provides an overview of the role’s key responsibilities and measures:
- Form and nurture relationships with your key stakeholders: Product Managers (PMs)
- Help your Product Managers to develop their Product through defining Product objectives and key results, setting and monitoring targets, analysing product releases, defining and validating hypotheses, and uncovering and recommending opportunities to grow and improve the Product.
- Have a thorough understanding of the Product space, PMs’ visions and roadmaps, as well as the external influences on the Product area.
- Work confidently with, trust, and earn the trust of stakeholders from across multiple disciplines (e.g. UX, Data Science, Commercial, Engineering) to optimise Products, together.
- Have great coaching skills, and mentor junior colleagues and peers in your team.
- Execute end-to-end analysis: gathering and shaping analytics requirements; defining success metrics; identifying and validating sources of data; identifying and validating methods of analysis; delivering insights and liaising with clients and partners to ensure the best recommendations are identified and delivered.
- Identify unstructured problems and articulate opportunities to form new analytics project ideas.
- Give greater context to analyses by incorporating external data for comparison purposes.
- Use data from multiple sources to identify trends, expose new opportunities, and answer business questions.
- Formulate and communicate results using textual, numeric, graphical and other visualisation methods appropriate to the target audience.
- Demonstrate ownership, responsiveness and commitment towards your work.
- Confidently and competently represent the team.
- Demonstrate strong data-based decision-making skills, especially in an environment of multiple trade-offs, when fast decision-making is required.
- Understand of the commercial impact of your recommendations and insight.
- Follow our Business Code of Conduct and always acting with integrity and due diligence.
You will need
Key Skills and Experience
You’ll need to have demonstrated experience of:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills – you must be able to articulate complex concepts to a diverse audience.
- Working effectively with multi-disciplinary teams and understanding how to contribute to all phases of the product development lifecycle.
- The ability to influence without authority.
- Experience in digital or product analytics positions.
- University degree of 2:1 or higher in a quantitative discipline or relevant experience
- Commercial awareness.
- Being a champion of digital analytics tools (ideally Adobe Analytics).
- Using big data, business intelligence and data visualisation tools (ideally Hadoop and Tableau).
- Online visitor segmentation and statistical modelling techniques.
- Advanced online data collection.
- Advanced SQL.
- Advanced ETL (cleansing, etc.)
- Thinking at a conceptual level across a number of platforms (desktops, mobile, tablets) and channels (online and in store).
- Flexibility, ability to plan and organise, responsiveness, creativity, self-starter.
- Able to build solid working relationships with peers and senior leadership.
- Ability to demonstrate strong written, verbal communication and presentation skills to all levels of seniority and disciplines within the organisation.
- Ability to work well within a team, but also take ownership and work autonomously on individual analyses.
Our vision at Tesco is to become every customer’s favourite way to shop, whether they are at home or out on the move. Our core purpose is “Serving our customers, communities and planet a little better every day”. Serving means more than a transactional relationship with our customers. It means acting as a responsible and sustainable business for all stakeholders, for the communities we are part of, and for the planet.
We are proud to have an inclusive culture at Tesco where everyone truly feels able to be themselves. At Tesco, we not only celebrate diversity, but recognise the value and opportunity it brings. We’re committed to creating a workplace where differences are valued, and make sure that all colleagues are given the same opportunities. We’re a big business with diverse working patterns and many business areas which means that we can find something that works for you. Everyone is welcome at Tesco.
We have recently announced that we are moving to a more blended working week – combining office and remote working. Our offices continue to be where we connect, collaborate and innovate. Talk to us about how this can work for you.
Note: Should you be successful in your application, your employment will be subject to and conditional upon you providing your bank account details on your agreed start date.