The following content displays a map of the jobs location - London
DevOps Engineer - Data Science Engineering
This job has been closed.
What’s in it for you
We offer excellent benefits that help make Tesco a great place to work! These include but are not limited to:
- Annual bonus scheme
- Holiday starting at 25 days plus a personal day (and bank holidays)
- Great colleague discounts and deals, saving you money on everyday purchases, utility bills for the home and more
- Retirement savings plan – save between 4% and 7.5% and Tesco will match your contribution
- Buy as you earn and Save as you earn share schemes
- Opportunities to get on – take advantage of our ongoing learning opportunities and award-winning training to help you achieve the career you want
About the role
Within the Data & Analytics team we help Tesco, our customers and the communities where we operate to get the most value from data. We build and run Tesco’s data platforms, we architect and engineer data onto these platforms, provide capabilities and tools to the analytics community across Tesco, and develop data products at scale.
As a DevOps Engineer within Data Science Engineering, you’ll be a significant contributor to the delivery of products in one of Tesco’s most strategic technology areas. Our Data Science teams are involved in a broad range of projects, spanning across supply chain, logistics, store and online. These include projects in the areas of Operations Optimisations, Commercial Decision Support (e.g. Forecasting and Range Optimisation), Online (e.g. Search and Recommendation) and Intelligent Edge (e.g. Computer Vision).
In this role, you will work alongside Machine Learning Engineers and Backend Engineers, to enable Data Science teams with delivering scalable products that improve how we serve our customers and run our operations. You will take an automation first approach and will be involved in solutions that run at the the edge, on cloud and in our big-data environments
You will be responsible for
This role is an exciting opportunity to work on machine learning based projects. You will work with a team of engineers and data scientists, helping take machine learning based models from the lab into production settings, including at the edge and in the cloud. In this role, you will be responsible for:
- Input into discussions on system designs and architecture.
- Implementation of automated processes for build and deployment.
- Supporting production systems, resolving incidents, and performing root cause analysis.
- Continually look for how we can evolve and improve our technology, processes and practices.
- Sharing knowledge with the wider engineering community.
- Mentoring and developing others around you.
- Applying SDLC practices to create and release robust software.
You will need
Key Skills and Technologies:
- CI/CD pipelines: can create a CI/CD pipeline to deploy Infrastructure changes.
- Expertise with Jenkins/Azure DevOps/ Github Actions
- Expertise with Terraform or other IaC tool (ARM/Bicep/etc)
- Experience with automation tools such as Ansible, Chef, Puppet
- Experience with tools such as Jira, GitHub, Splunk, AppDynamics
- Tooling for monitoring, logging and alerting e.g. Splunk/Grafana/NewRelic.
- Test Driven Infrastructure
- Knowledge of Operating systems – Linux (RedHat, CentOS), Unix
- Expertise designing and building secure, reliable, scalable solutions on Azure
- Shell script (bash / powershell)
- Experience building solutions that run in the cloud, on-prem or at-edge
- Ability to work with other teams for any dependencies or integrations.
- Working with multiple software development methodologies including Scrum & Kanban.
- Customer focus with the right balance between outcome delivery and technical excellence.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
The following would also be desirable (but are not required):
- Previous experience building solutions that run at edge.
- Awareness of emerging MLOps practices.
- Knowledge of Python.
Our vision at Tesco is to become every customer’s favourite way to shop, whether they are at home or out on the move. Our core purpose is “Serving our customers, communities and planet a little better every day”. Serving means more than a transactional relationship with our customers. It means acting as a responsible and sustainable business for all stakeholders, for the communities we are part of, and for the planet.
We are proud to have an inclusive culture at Tesco where everyone truly feels able to be themselves. At Tesco, we not only celebrate diversity, but recognise the value and opportunity it brings. We’re committed to creating a workplace where differences are valued, and make sure that all colleagues are given the same opportunities. We’re a big business with diverse working patterns and many business areas which means that we can find something that works for you. Everyone is welcome at Tesco.
We have recently announced that we are moving to a more blended working week – combining office and remote working. Our offices continue to be where we connect, collaborate and innovate. Talk to us about how this can work for you.
Note: Should you be successful in your application, your employment will be subject to and conditional upon you providing your bank account details on your agreed start date.