The following content displays a map of the jobs location - Hybrid - Farringdon
Lead UX Researcher - Product & Supplier
This job has been closed.
What’s in it for you
We offer excellent benefits that help make Tesco a great place to work! These include but are not limited to:
- Annual bonus scheme
- Holiday starting at 25 days plus a personal day (and bank holidays)
- Great colleague discounts and deals, saving you money on everyday purchases, utility bills for the home and more
- Retirement savings plan – save between 4% and 7.5% and Tesco will match your contribution
- Buy as you earn and Save as you earn share schemes
- Opportunities to get on – take advantage of our ongoing learning opportunities and award-winning training to help you achieve the career you want
About the role
You will be part of defining the way the UX research is run at Tesco, working with our multidisciplinary team made up of UX Designers, Product Managers, Data Analysts, Marketing and Technology teams to shape the customer experience.
You are a natural problem solver who is highly skilled in a range of research methods with experience turning research findings into actionable user centred design and product goals. You excel at sharing insight artefacts that inspire and aid user centred design.
You are at ease with complex challenges, you know how to investigate and map the use of systems that involve multiple services and present your findings with clarity and rigour.
As a UX Research Lead you will be expected to drive the quality of research across UX and Product teams. This involves reviewing and mentoring researchers as well as taking an active role in developing UX methodologies adopted during research process and building overall UX Research capabilities.
You will be responsible for
- Leading any UX research initiative which have been flagged as high priority or highly strategic projects. This may include leading a team of researchers to ensure that timelines and quality of research conducted is met to a high standard.
- Work closely with business stakeholders to ensure that business needs are captured while also advocating the voice of the customer. Ability to conduct briefing and visionary workshops with senior stakeholders to better understand the direction of Tesco and specific research needs.
- Exploring ways of working across the research team, to ensure quality of research is met. Thus supporting associates and mid-weight researchers throughout the research phase.
- Take a supporting role to help project teams define, influence, and drive the user experience vision for projects.
- Manage agency relationships for key projects, while also thinking about how to build internal capabilities to drive a customer centric culture.
- Work closely with the Product and UX Design teams to ensure research insights are incorporated. Support the Product and Design teams in establishing successful processes and ways of working.
- Develop relationships across the business to collate existing data and insights to inform product strategy and areas of opportunity. Become an advocate of UX Research and suggest how research can be incorporated during stakeholder meetings.
- Share research expertise and knowledge with others and encourage the wider team to actively participate in UX Research, to improve organisational capability and challenge team thinking.
- Support the UX research manager and design leads to identify and prioritise research needs, avoiding duplication and aligning best practice.
- To support the team in defining, influencing and driving the user experience vision for projects. This may require to plan and drive the execution of design projects from inception to completion, collaborating with other design lead, where relevant.
You will need
- Track record in leading research initiatives
- Mentoring teams
- Background in research / psychology / behavioral science / anthropology or similarly related field.
- Strong understanding in research methodologies and UX methodologies
- Strong track record of research results impacting product strategy and development.
Our vision at Tesco is to become every customer’s favourite way to shop, whether they are at home or out on the move. Our core purpose is “Serving our customers, communities and planet a little better every day”. Serving means more than a transactional relationship with our customers. It means acting as a responsible and sustainable business for all stakeholders, for the communities we are part of, and for the planet.
We are proud to have an inclusive culture at Tesco where everyone truly feels able to be themselves. At Tesco, we not only celebrate diversity, but recognise the value and opportunity it brings. We’re committed to creating a workplace where differences are valued, and make sure that all colleagues are given the same opportunities. We’re a big business with diverse working patterns and many business areas which means that we can find something that works for you. Everyone is welcome at Tesco.
We have recently announced that we are moving to a more blended working week – combining office and remote working. Our offices continue to be where we connect, collaborate and innovate. Talk to us about how this can work for you.
Note: Should you be successful in your application, your employment will be subject to and conditional upon you providing your bank account details on your agreed start date.