The following content displays a map of the jobs location - Welwyn Garden City
Head of Software Asset Management
Job Reference tesco/TP/11428279/777164
What’s in it for you
We offer excellent benefits that help make Tesco a great place to work! These include but are not limited to:
- Annual bonus scheme of up to 45% of base salary
- Car allowance of £7320 per annum
- Holiday starting at 25 days plus a personal day (and bank holidays)
- Private medical insurance offered through Bupa
- Retirement savings plan – save between 4% and 7.5% and Tesco will match your contribution
- Life Assurance at 5x contractual pay
- Buy as you earn and Save as you earn share schemes
About the role
The Head of Software Asset Management (SAM) will report to the Head of Infrastructure Governance & Sourcing Management. They will oversee all activities that optimize the value, cost and risk of software asset lifecycle while aligning to the business strategic requirements. The role holder will establish and own the companies global SAM strategy, using Flexera (SAM functionality), as the toolset of choice. The Head of SAM will be accountable for managing and monitoring software compliance need to have a comprehensive understanding of respective licencing models, audit and compliance methodologies and negotiation strategoes wiht the ability to articulate risksand benefits to non technical stakeholders at both Executive and operational level.
You will be responsible for
The Head of SAM will manage a team of 4 SAM Specialists and Analysts (based in UK and India) to ensure the company remains compliant and mitigates risk, while also driving efficiencies through license optimisation. The role will also be responsible for ensuring that activities to drive such optimisation and compliance are followed through and communicated appropriately.
- - Experience in leadership positions in the area of software asset management
- - Hands-on experience and knowledge of implementing SAM across a global organisation (essential) Hands-on experience in managing, Software discovery, Software model and entitlements
- - Ability to engage and influence at all levels, including Exec level
- - Hands-on experience in producing Exec and operational level dashboard and reporting
- - Experienced in leading external software compliance audits for Tier 1 and Tier 2 software suppliers, with successful outcomes for
- - Strong Effective Licencing Position (ELP) knowledge on the common Tier 1 software products (e.g., Microsoft, IBM, Oracle Adobe)
- - Strong knowledge in budget and cost management - Knowledge of Procurement and supplier commercial principles
- - Understanding of Cloud service-based consumption models (e.g., Microsoft 365, Azure, AWS etc)
- - Professional certification related to Software Asset Management (e.g., IAITAM, CSAM or equivalent, Microsoft MCP), plus ITIL V3 desirable
You will need
Experience of operating in a multi-national, matrix organisation with multiple legal and Group entities Demonstrate leadership, negotiation, communication and influencing skills Experience working with complex data sets that requires strong attention to detail Expert level organizational, written and verbal communication skills, strong decision-making abilities Working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
Our vision at Tesco is to become every customer’s favourite way to shop, whether they are at home or out on the move. Our core purpose is “Serving our customers, communities and planet a little better every day”. Serving means more than a transactional relationship with our customers. It means acting as a responsible and sustainable business for all stakeholders, for the communities we are part of, and for the planet.
We are proud to have an inclusive culture at Tesco where everyone truly feels able to be themselves. At Tesco, we not only celebrate diversity, but recognise the value and opportunity it brings. We’re committed to creating a workplace where differences are valued, and make sure that all colleagues are given the same opportunities. We’re a big business with diverse working patterns and many business areas which means that we can find something that works for you. Everyone is welcome at Tesco.
We have recently announced that we are moving to a more blended working week – combining office and remote working. Our offices continue to be where we connect, collaborate and innovate. Talk to us about how this can work for you.
Note: Should you be successful in your application, your employment will be subject to and conditional upon you providing your bank account details on your agreed start date.