The following content displays a map of the jobs location - Welwyn Garden City
Software Asset Management Analyst
What’s in it for you
We offer excellent benefits that help make Tesco a great place to work! These include but are not limited to:
- Annual bonus scheme
- Holiday starting at 25 days plus a personal day (and bank holidays)
- Great colleague discounts and deals, saving you money on everyday purchases, utility bills for the home and more
- Retirement savings plan – save between 4% and 7.5% and Tesco will match your contribution
- Buy as you earn and Save as you earn share schemes
- Opportunities to get on – take advantage of our ongoing learning opportunities and award-winning training to help you achieve the career you want
About the role
The Software Asset Management (SAM) Analyst will report to the Head of Software Management. They will oversee all activities that optimize the value, cost and risk of software asset lifecycle while aligning to the business strategic requirements. The SAM Manager will monitor software agreements and renewal requirements assigned to the role to ensure the firm remains compliant while also driving efficiencies through license optimisation. The role will also be responsible for ensuring that activities to drive such optimisation and compliance are followed through by the required by date.
You will be responsible for
- Managing software entitlement ensuring all inventories and changes are managed robustly and in compliance with licencing terms and policies at all times
- Implementing and promoting rigorous governance throughout software lifecycle
- Identifying opportunities to drive value and improve the performance of the existing and potential software base, seeking ways to drive innovation in processes, reduce costs through decommissioning unused software, reduce risks, improve performance and stimulate competition between qualified suppliers
- Embedding a formal software asset management framework for all relevant software across the estate
You will need
- The ability to lead the software entitlement processes including reporting
- Ability to develop and embed the Software Asset Management capabilities, processes and reporting across the organisation
- A great understanding of licensing and deployment models
- Knowledge of techniques to optimise licensing and deployment in order to deliver savings
- Understanding of supplier governance and its implications for Software Asset Management
- Knowledge and understanding of vendor audit and compliance strategies and processes in order to efficiently manage enquiries and engagements Business and IT Strategy
Our vision at Tesco is to become every customer’s favourite way to shop, whether they are at home or out on the move. Our core purpose is “Serving our customers, communities and planet a little better every day”. Serving means more than a transactional relationship with our customers. It means acting as a responsible and sustainable business for all stakeholders, for the communities we are part of, and for the planet.
We are proud to have an inclusive culture at Tesco where everyone truly feels able to be themselves. At Tesco, we not only celebrate diversity, but recognise the value and opportunity it brings. We’re committed to creating a workplace where differences are valued, and make sure that all colleagues are given the same opportunities. We’re a big business with diverse working patterns and many business areas which means that we can find something that works for you. Everyone is welcome at Tesco.
We have recently announced that we are moving to a more blended working week – combining office and remote working. Our offices continue to be where we connect, collaborate and innovate. Talk to us about how this can work for you.
Note: Should you be successful in your application, your employment will be subject to and conditional upon you providing your bank account details on your agreed start date.