The following content displays a map of the jobs location - Welwyn Garden City
Lead Product Manager – Product Lifecycle
This job has been closed.
What’s in it for you
We offer excellent benefits that help make Tesco a great place to work! These include but are not limited to:
- Annual bonus scheme
- Holiday starting at 25 days plus a personal day (and bank holidays)
- Great colleague discounts and deals, saving you money on everyday purchases, utility bills for the home and more
- Retirement savings plan – save between 4% and 7.5% and Tesco will match your contribution
- Buy as you earn and Save as you earn share schemes
- Opportunities to get on – take advantage of our ongoing learning opportunities and award-winning training to help you achieve the career you want
About the role
Whilst specific responsibilities will be dependent upon the changing needs of the Tesco business, the following provides an overview of the role’s key responsibilities and measures;
- Have accountability for a sophisticated product and Pack domain, and drive product strategy, roadmap, and execution for that by leading other PM's
- Accountable for identifying the key measures of success (OKRs) and the resulting performance / adoption of my product(s)
- Relentlessly seek to understand the needs and pains of your customers and business partners.
- Prioritise roadmaps and decisively resolve trade-offs with peers and senior leaders.
- Build and champion a great team of Product Managers, empowering them to perform beyond their own expectations, by removing barriers and crafting the right context for their success.
- Work alongside research, design, analytics, and engineering teams to craft and develop solutions to solve real business needs.
- Relentlessly measure and communicate value built to all partners, all of the time.
- Work as part of a wider product team, with a culture for shared goals, helping where appropriate as required.
You will be responsible for
- Knowledge and experience of product management standard process and methodologies and strong technical experience
- Strong line management experience with ability to lead a team of experienced product managers.
- Technically proficient to influence and understand the solution context and approach (legacy, tactical, strategic) and aid engineering in estimating the complexity of work being requested
- The ability to build strong working relationships with peers, stakeholders, and teams across the business. Able to demonstrate these relationships to build consensus, inspire change, and deliver value
- Experience of working in a sophisticated change environment which encompasses multiple product and engineering teams, both local and remote, to deliver enterprise-wide applications and features!
- Carrying out product management of APIs, or sophisticated data structures, and have a clear understanding of managing domain boundaries between related services!
Our vision at Tesco is to become every customer’s favourite way to shop, whether they are at home or out on the move. Our core purpose is “Serving our customers, communities and planet a little better every day”. Serving means more than a transactional relationship with our customers. It means acting as a responsible and sustainable business for all stakeholders, for the communities we are part of, and for the planet.
We are proud to have an inclusive culture at Tesco where everyone truly feels able to be themselves. At Tesco, we not only celebrate diversity, but recognise the value and opportunity it brings. We’re committed to creating a workplace where differences are valued, and make sure that all colleagues are given the same opportunities. We’re a big business with diverse working patterns and many business areas which means that we can find something that works for you. Everyone is welcome at Tesco.
We have recently announced that we are moving to a more blended working week – combining office and remote working. Our offices continue to be where we connect, collaborate and innovate. Talk to us about how this can work for you.
Note: Should you be successful in your application, your employment will be subject to and conditional upon you providing your bank account details on your agreed start date.