The following content displays a map of the jobs location - Hybrid + Farringdon/Welwyn Garden City
Senior UX Researcher - Fulfilment & Transport
This job has been closed.
What’s in it for you
We offer excellent benefits that help make Tesco a great place to work! These include but are not limited to:
- Annual bonus scheme
- Holiday starting at 25 days plus a personal day (and bank holidays)
- Great colleague discounts and deals, saving you money on everyday purchases, utility bills for the home and more
- Retirement savings plan – save between 4% and 7.5% and Tesco will match your contribution
- Buy as you earn and Save as you earn share schemes
- Opportunities to get on – take advantage of our ongoing learning opportunities and award-winning training to help you achieve the career you want
About the role
At Tesco our focus is on the customer and so we are looking for a Senior UX Researcher to advocate the needs of the customer to the wider business, challenging user experience problems that impact millions of customers and inspire others to follow suit.
You will be part of defining the way the UX research is run at Tesco, working with our multidisciplinary team made up of UX Designers, Product Managers, Data Analysts, Marketing and Technology teams to shape the customer experience.
You are a natural problem solver who is highly skilled in a range of research methods with experience turning research findings into actionable user centred design and product goals. You excel at sharing insight artefacts that inspire and aid user centred design.
You are at ease with complex challenges, you know how to investigate and map the use of systems that involve multiple services and present your findings with clarity and rigour.
As our ideal candidate, you have a passion for understanding people, their motivations, and behaviours, and the challenges they face. You have excellent observational and analytical skills, the ability to collaborate with other teams, and a relentless determination to do what is right for customers. You will be responsible for identifying customer needs and delivering insights that inform the development of compelling user-friendly interfaces and digital products.
You will be responsible for
• Lead UX research for high priority projects aiming to improve our customers and
colleagues’ experience, in the fulfilment and transport area.
• Execute qualitative research throughout the design and development lifecycle, from early strategic direction through post-release validation.
• Support project teams to define functional and experiential requirements, influence, and drive the user experience vision for projects.
• Work closely with the Product teams to ensure research insights are incorporated. Support the Product and Design teams in establishing successful processes and ways
• Synthesise and communicate with clarity and effectiveness the insight of the research to a broad range of designers and stakeholders.
• Share research expertise and knowledge with others and encourage the wider team to actively participate in UX Research, to improve organisational capability and challenge team thinking.
• Being able to work independently and be comfortable with uncertain and rapidly
changing project context
You will need
· University degree of 2:1 or higher in human-computer interaction (HCI), a related field, or equivalent years of professional experience
· A talent for storytelling that manifest in strong written and spoken communication skills
· Expert-level knowledge in the field of UX research with at least 5 years’ experience of working as a UX researcher on digital products.
· Considerable knowledge and hands-on experience with a wide range of qualitative and quantitative research methods and techniques (such as usability testing, ethnography, contextual enquiry, creation of user profiles personas, journey mapping, surveys, competitor analysis).
· Strong track record of research results impacting product strategy and development.
· Experience of working in an agile product development environment and applying lean UX research methods.
· Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills; the ability to communicate complex concepts clearly and persuasively across different audiences and varying levels of the organisation.
· Ability to collaborate with a wide set of stakeholders including designers, product managers, developers, and analysts.
· Experience of using and managing the use of online research tools e.g., unmoderated remote testing, online surveys.
· Using software tools for both lab based and remote user testing e.g., UserTesting.com, Optimal Workshop, Enjoy HQ
Our vision at Tesco is to become every customer’s favourite way to shop, whether they are at home or out on the move. Our core purpose is “Serving our customers, communities and planet a little better every day”. Serving means more than a transactional relationship with our customers. It means acting as a responsible and sustainable business for all stakeholders, for the communities we are part of, and for the planet.
We are proud to have an inclusive culture at Tesco where everyone truly feels able to be themselves. At Tesco, we not only celebrate diversity, but recognise the value and opportunity it brings. We’re committed to creating a workplace where differences are valued, and make sure that all colleagues are given the same opportunities. We’re a big business with diverse working patterns and many business areas which means that we can find something that works for you. Everyone is welcome at Tesco.
We have recently announced that we are moving to a more blended working week – combining office and remote working. Our offices continue to be where we connect, collaborate and innovate. Talk to us about how this can work for you.
Note: Should you be successful in your application, your employment will be subject to and conditional upon you providing your bank account details on your agreed start date.