The following content displays a map of the jobs location - Welwyn Garden City
Finance and Resource Manager (PMO) - Enabling Functions
What’s in it for you
We offer excellent benefits that help make Tesco a great place to work! These include but are not limited to:
- Annual bonus scheme
- Holiday starting at 25 days plus a personal day (and bank holidays)
- Great colleague discounts and deals, saving you money on everyday purchases, utility bills for the home and more
- Retirement savings plan – save between 4% and 7.5% and Tesco will match your contribution
- Buy as you earn and Save as you earn share schemes
- Opportunities to get on – take advantage of our ongoing learning opportunities and award-winning training to help you achieve the career you want
About the role
We have an exciting opportunity for a Finance & Resource Manager to join our Enabling Functions practice within Technology.
Reporting into the Head of PMO, and overseeing annual budgets of over £70M, the successful candidate will have an opportunity to have a significant impact on the efficiency and effectiveness of a large part of Tesco’s Technology group totalling over 1000 employees.
Equally adept at crunching financial figures and building strong relationships, you will be required to engage across a broad part of the Enabling Functions organisation understanding how our products and services function. The successful candidate will have strong stakeholder management skills, able to influence at all levels and be skilled at overseeing large budgets.
About the Enabling Functions (EF) Programme Team
Enabling Functions are responsible for bringing out the best in our colleagues by giving them the support they need to perform at the highest level. By helping our core business across diverse parts of the organisation such as Finance, HR, Property, Legal and Procurement make the most of the latest technological innovations, we have real far-reaching impact across Tesco.
We provide services on a large scale; as the second largest employer in the UK, our teams are responsible for deploying and managing Payroll systems which support over 300,000 people. Our finance systems execute billions of pounds worth of payment transactions each year and in the future, we expect the size of our services to continue to grow.
We are about to start the next chapter for Tesco with ambitious plans to transform the technology landscape. Central to that plan will be ensuring that we establish and apply best practices across projects and programmes.
You will be responsible for
Whilst specific responsibilities will be dependent upon the changing needs of the Tesco business, the following provides an overview of the role’s key responsibilities and skills:
- Establish and maintain a standardised process for managing project budgets, resources (headcount) and forecasts.
- Support employees who do financial reporting and budgeting.
- Oversee finance administration of Statements of Work, Purchase orders
- Prepare financial statements, business activity reports, and forecasts.
- Monitor financial details to ensure that legal requirements are met.
- Review financial reports, identify trends, anomalies, and seek ways to reduce costs.
- Support the Head of PMO in preparing financial presentations and reports for senior management forums.
- Ensure that all financial and resource management practices are aligned with core Finance processes and standards
- Identify where changes can drive both improvements and synergies across teams.
You will need
Required Skills Include:
- Strong business acumen; commercial understanding of budgeting, control and strategic planning
- A successful and proven track record in working to tight deadlines in a busy and challenging environment
- Flexibility, ability to plan and organise (manage multiple priorities), responsiveness, creativity, self-starter
- Superior level of numeracy
- Excellent attention to detail
- Exceptional finance reporting skills
- Ability to demonstrate good written, verbal communication and presentation skills to all levels of seniority.
- Problem solving, creative and strategic thinking.
- A willingness to work with others and respect their views.
- Advanced Excel skills include VB macros
- Certification achieved in recognized PMO, project management methodology, Prince 2 Practitioner or similar a distinct advantage.
Our vision at Tesco is to become every customer’s favourite way to shop, whether they are at home or out on the move. Our core purpose is “Serving our customers, communities and planet a little better every day”. Serving means more than a transactional relationship with our customers. It means acting as a responsible and sustainable business for all stakeholders, for the communities we are part of, and for the planet.
We are proud to have an inclusive culture at Tesco where everyone truly feels able to be themselves. At Tesco, we not only celebrate diversity, but recognise the value and opportunity it brings. We’re committed to creating a workplace where differences are valued, and make sure that all colleagues are given the same opportunities. We’re a big business with diverse working patterns and many business areas which means that we can find something that works for you. Everyone is welcome at Tesco.
We have recently announced that we are moving to a more blended working week – combining office and remote working. Our offices continue to be where we connect, collaborate and innovate. Talk to us about how this can work for you.
Note: Should you be successful in your application, your employment will be subject to and conditional upon you providing your bank account details on your agreed start date.