The following content displays a map of the jobs location - Welwyn Garden City
Senior Product Manager - Planned Schedule API
This job has been closed.
What’s in it for you
We offer excellent benefits that help make Tesco a great place to work! These include but are not limited to:
- Annual bonus scheme
- Holiday starting at 25 days plus a personal day (and bank holidays)
- Great colleague discounts and deals, saving you money on everyday purchases, utility bills for the home and more
- Retirement savings plan – save between 4% and 7.5% and Tesco will match your contribution
- Buy as you earn and Save as you earn share schemes
- Opportunities to get on – take advantage of our ongoing learning opportunities and award-winning training to help you achieve the career you want
About the role
We have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Product Manager to join our Colleague Transformation Programme.
Working in partnership with your engineering & testing Technology colleagues, you would be making a real difference in developing a superb product, crafting the future roadmap and helping to deliver a leading product to the end user.
You will be responsible for
- Have complete ownership of a sophisticated, strategic enterprise API involving multiple internal / external collaborators and drive the Product strategy and execution for those APIs.
- Work with your team and partners to align the strategic priorities, dependencies and roadmap across your product.
- Quickly build domain knowledge and assess new opportunities (capturing ideas, research, carrying out analysis, refining and prioritising new requirements).
- Steer sprint / release planning sessions in conjunction with engineering counterparts
- Identify and drive improvements in the way API performance and service levels are measured to ensure quality, reliability and security.
- Help the delivery team in breaking down sophisticated pieces of work and create epics and stories
- Provide leadership and direction to cross-functional delivery teams on short-term tasks / near-term priorities.
- Provide support and mentor to Product Managers as well as peers.
- Be accountable for the performance / adoption of the APIs and work towards growing the customer base.
- Contribute towards hiring / building a great pool of Product Managers for the Colleague Transformation team and the wider Tesco product function.
- This role will best suit an individual who enjoys working as part of a team, is well organised and pragmatic, a problem solver with an inquisitive mind and motivated to make change for the better and, most importantly, puts our customers first.
You will need
- Delivering a sophisticated product strategy in terms of consumer and business value.
- Experience and understanding of agile techniques to deliver world leading products
- Thinking at a conceptual level across a number of platforms (web, mobile, tablets, store apps).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills – you are able to articulate sophisticated concepts to a diverse audience.
- Having proven success in working on unstructured problems, defining hypothesis, crafting MVPs, running experiments and analysing results to drive data-driven decisions.
- Understanding the impact tech debt is causing, and the value tech upgrades can bring, and hold objective conversations with your technology counterparts to prioritise it during any sprint.
- Prioritising and decision-making skills, demonstrating experience of having made good decisions / judgements around business priorities and resource allocation.
- Flexibility, ability to plan and coordinate, creativity, self-starter.
- Able to build solid working relationships with peers and senior leadership.
- Ability to demonstrate strong written, verbal communication and presentation abilities to all levels of seniority and fields within the organisation.
- You will work closely with other team members and be able to bring people on a journey with you.
Our vision at Tesco is to become every customer’s favourite way to shop, whether they are at home or out on the move. Our core purpose is “Serving our customers, communities and planet a little better every day”. Serving means more than a transactional relationship with our customers. It means acting as a responsible and sustainable business for all stakeholders, for the communities we are part of, and for the planet.
We are proud to have an inclusive culture at Tesco where everyone truly feels able to be themselves. At Tesco, we not only celebrate diversity, but recognise the value and opportunity it brings. We’re committed to creating a workplace where differences are valued, and make sure that all colleagues are given the same opportunities. We’re a big business with diverse working patterns and many business areas which means that we can find something that works for you. Everyone is welcome at Tesco.
We have recently announced that we are moving to a more blended working week – combining office and remote working. Our offices continue to be where we connect, collaborate and innovate. Talk to us about how this can work for you.
Note: Should you be successful in your application, your employment will be subject to and conditional upon you providing your bank account details on your agreed start date.