The following content displays a map of the jobs location - London
What’s in it for you
We offer excellent benefits that help make Tesco a great place to work! These include but are not limited to:
- Annual bonus scheme
- Holiday starting at 25 days plus a personal day (and bank holidays)
- Great colleague discounts and deals, saving you money on everyday purchases, utility bills for the home and more
- Retirement savings plan – save between 4% and 7.5% and Tesco will match your contribution
- Buy as you earn and Save as you earn share schemes
- Opportunities to get on – take advantage of our ongoing learning opportunities and award-winning training to help you achieve the career you want
About the role
We have an exciting new opportunity for an Optimisation Analyst to join our growing Analytics and Optimisation team, where you will work closely with our Technology Product department that looks after Grocery Home Shopping, Clubcard and the digital entities in our Tesco stores. You will strive to provide insight and learning to the wider Product, Trading and UX teams to help drive Impactful decision making and strive to deliver an outstanding testing programme.
You will be responsible for
- Analysing test results in a simple and engaging way and providing practical recommendations that can be applied to improve our digital products and the customer experience
- Work with the UX research team to identify optimisation opportunities from analysing customer behaviour
- Ensure our test results are reliable by applying appropriate frequentist and sequential statistical methods to our test data
- Evolve our approaches to ensure accurate financial benefit forecasting
- Continually evaluating the process for AB test analysis and exploring opportunities to improve ways of working
- Exploring ways to automate our existing analysis processes to make decision making faster
- Working collaboratively with the Analytics Capabilities team to ensure appropriate means of measurement is in place
- Sharing and presenting test results back to the Product, UX and Engineering teams
- Mentor and guide junior members of the team
You will need
- Experience of manipulating, analysing and synthesising data using different sources
- Confident in handling large, complex data sets
- Data-driven mind-set with strong analytical and problem solving skills; able to structure approaches, identify root causes and translate data into actionable insights
- Proven skills in deriving insight from data to identify areas on site that can benefit from testing
- The ability to collaborate with a variety of stakeholders and to capture detailed analysis requirements
- Knowledge of AB testing methodology and/or an understanding of the value of optimisation
- Proficient in SQL
- Desirable skills include: Adobe Analytics, Tableau, Alteryx, AB testing tools
Our vision at Tesco is to become every customer’s favourite way to shop, whether they are at home or out on the move. Our core purpose is “Serving our customers, communities and planet a little better every day”. Serving means more than a transactional relationship with our customers. It means acting as a responsible and sustainable business for all stakeholders, for the communities we are part of, and for the planet.
We are proud to have an inclusive culture at Tesco where everyone truly feels able to be themselves. At Tesco, we not only celebrate diversity, but recognise the value and opportunity it brings. We’re committed to creating a workplace where differences are valued, and make sure that all colleagues are given the same opportunities. We’re a big business with diverse working patterns and many business areas which means that we can find something that works for you. Everyone is welcome at Tesco.
We have recently announced that we are moving to a more blended working week – combining office and remote working. Our offices continue to be where we connect, collaborate and innovate. Talk to us about how this can work for you.
Note: Should you be successful in your application, your employment will be subject to and conditional upon you providing your bank account details on your agreed start date.