The following content displays a map of the jobs location - Welwyn Garden City
Product Manager - Cost Service
Job Reference tesco/TP/12613887/761410
This job has been closed.
What’s in it for you
We offer excellent benefits that help make Tesco a great place to work! These include but are not limited to:
- Annual bonus scheme
- Holiday starting at 25 days plus a personal day (and bank holidays)
- Great colleague discounts and deals, saving you money on everyday purchases, utility bills for the home and more
- Retirement savings plan – save between 4% and 7.5% and Tesco will match your contribution
- Buy as you earn and Save as you earn share schemes
- Opportunities to get on – take advantage of our ongoing learning opportunities and award-winning training to help you achieve the career you want
About the role
We are on the lookout for someone to coordinate the product lifecycle, balance outstanding delivery time for customers on what matters. We would be looking for someone prepared to become an authority in their field and act as the first layer of Management for people and Projects.
We are looking for a Product Manager to join our team. The Cost Service provides a critical role in managing the costs between Tesco and its suppliers. As a core business API, the Cost Service will capture, store and surface cost data across many applications and consumers, ensuring that Tesco is always in the best position to contribute value to suppliers and customers.
As the Product manager, you will join at a great time to create the vision for the product and build a new strategy for the transformation of handling costs across the business.
You will be responsible for
- Owning a core application, you will build strong relationships with internal/ external partners and drive the Product strategy and execution for it
- Engage with your collaborators to formulate the vision, strategy and long-term roadmap for the product and implement it well by constantly managing your collaborator’s expectations, working through dependencies across multiple products/ teams
- Understand key user personas, customers and collaborators for the product and their difficulties
- Understand and demonstrate all of the features of your product to different audiences within and outside of your immediate product team
- Effectively present the vision, roadmap, OKRs and execution plans (release/ sprint plans)
- Effectively detail and explain new requirements to the engineering team using user stories, personas, and acceptance criteria and help the team in breaking down a sophisticated piece of work/ epic into smaller, deliverable chunks of value that can be delivered faster
- Manage the backlog and steer sprint/ release planning sessions by working with your engineering counterparts to plan sprints/ releases that deliver maximum business value in the least effort
- Provide leadership and direction to cross functional team (s) on short-term tasks/ near-term priorities
- Monitor competitor activity and overseas market trends (as required)
- Drive the acceptance and adoption of ideas and improvements with product and engineering partners
- Provide support and mentor to junior Product Managers as well as peers
- Prioritise, coordinate and communicate the resolution of live product issues independently
You will need
- Having a positive, can-do attitude and contributing to an hard working and motivated team environment.
- Following our Business Code of Conduct and always acting with integrity and due diligence.
- Appreciation of the People functions and their key activities
Does this sound like an exciting opportunity? If so, then we would love to hear from you!
Our vision at Tesco is to become every customer’s favourite way to shop, whether they are at home or out on the move. Our core purpose is “Serving our customers, communities and planet a little better every day”. Serving means more than a transactional relationship with our customers. It means acting as a responsible and sustainable business for all stakeholders, for the communities we are part of, and for the planet.
We are proud to have an inclusive culture at Tesco where everyone truly feels able to be themselves. At Tesco, we not only celebrate diversity, but recognise the value and opportunity it brings. We’re committed to creating a workplace where differences are valued, and make sure that all colleagues are given the same opportunities. We’re a big business with diverse working patterns and many business areas which means that we can find something that works for you. Everyone is welcome at Tesco.
We have recently announced that we are moving to a more blended working week – combining office and remote working. Our offices continue to be where we connect, collaborate and innovate. Talk to us about how this can work for you.
Note: Should you be successful in your application, your employment will be subject to and conditional upon you providing your bank account details on your agreed start date.