The following content displays a map of the jobs location - London
Associate Optimisation Analyst
What’s in it for you
We offer excellent benefits that help make Tesco a great place to work! These include but are not limited to:
- Annual bonus scheme
- Holiday starting at 25 days plus a personal day (and bank holidays)
- Great colleague discounts and deals, saving you money on everyday purchases, utility bills for the home and more
- Retirement savings plan – save between 4% and 7.5% and Tesco will match your contribution
- Buy as you earn and Save as you earn share schemes
- Opportunities to get on – take advantage of our ongoing learning opportunities and award-winning training to help you achieve the career you want
About the role
Experimentation at Tesco
Our experimentation programme goes beyond CRO. We are an experienced Experimentation Team running a mature programme of testing within a large scale Product Organisation. Our testing programme touches millions of customers and the resulting product enhancements deliver multi-million pound revenue and profit gains.
The Tesco Experimentation Team sits within the broader Analytics team and the Technology organisation. Our focus is on delivering great customer experiences across our websites, apps and digital experiences through insight and understanding driven by experimentation.
You will be responsible for
While specific responsibilities will be dependent on the changing needs of the Tesco business, the following provides an overview of the role’s key responsibilities and measures:
- Working closely with the product, analytics, and UX research teams to identify optimisation opportunities.
- Defining how tests should be run and creating test plans which outline the test conditions, variant details, and success criteria.
- Ensuring that appropriate measurement is in place to enable analysis of metrics defined in the test plan.
- Analysing test results and customer behaviour using Adobe Analytics, SQL, and Alteryx tools to deliver actionable recommendations that can be applied to improve our digital products and the customer experience.
- Sharing and presenting test results in a simple and engaging way to the Product, UX and Technology teams.
You will need
To succeed in this role, you’ll need:
- A data-driven mind-set with strong analytical and problem-solving skills; able to structure approaches, identify root causes and translate data into actionable insights.
- Demonstrated skills in deriving insight from data to identify areas on site that can benefit from testing.
- Able to create a story with data to make the test findings and recommendations clear for stakeholders.
- The ability to collaborate with a variety of stakeholders and to gather detailed analysis requirements.
- Knowledge of AB testing methodology.
In addition, this experience is desirable:
- Experience of working with Adobe Analytics
- Experience working with SQL
- Experience of working with Alteryx or other BI tools
Our vision at Tesco is to become every customer’s favourite way to shop, whether they are at home or out on the move. Our core purpose is “Serving our customers, communities and planet a little better every day”. Serving means more than a transactional relationship with our customers. It means acting as a responsible and sustainable business for all stakeholders, for the communities we are part of, and for the planet.
We are proud to have an inclusive culture at Tesco where everyone truly feels able to be themselves. At Tesco, we not only celebrate diversity, but recognise the value and opportunity it brings. We’re committed to creating a workplace where differences are valued, and make sure that all colleagues are given the same opportunities. We’re a big business with diverse working patterns and many business areas which means that we can find something that works for you. Everyone is welcome at Tesco.
We have recently announced that we are moving to a more blended working week – combining office and remote working. Our offices continue to be where we connect, collaborate and innovate. Talk to us about how this can work for you.
Note: Should you be successful in your application, your employment will be subject to and conditional upon you providing your bank account details on your agreed start date.