The following content displays a map of the jobs location - Welwyn Garden City / Farringdon
Associate Product Manager – Supplier and Partner Services
What’s in it for you
We offer excellent benefits that help make Tesco a great place to work! These include but are not limited to:
- Annual bonus scheme
- Holiday starting at 20 days, rising to 22 days after 12 months, plus a personal day (and bank holidays)
- Great colleague discounts and deals, saving you money on everyday purchases, utility bills for the home and more
- Retirement savings plan – save between 4% and 7.5% and Tesco will match your contribution
- Buy As You Earn and Save As You Earn share schemes
- Opportunities to get on – take advantage of our ongoing learning opportunities and award-winning training to help you achieve the career you want
About the role
We have an amazing opportunity for an Associate Product Manager to join the Tesco Supplier & Partner Services Product Team, part of the wider Technology Change Team, to work on the industry-leading Partners toolkit, where our mission is to deliver value and quality to our customers by creating more self-sufficient, cost-effective, motivated and informed partners.
Reporting to the Product Manager, you will work alongside other Product Managers, Designers, Engineers, Data Analysts and Technical Programme Managers, to help define the vision and strategy. At the outset this role will cover a number of areas including helping suppliers to manage their company and financial information with Tesco, improving our ability to communicate with suppliers effectively, and facilitating collaboration with suppliers surrounding the Tesco sustainability goals. Over time, this will flex to reflect the needs of our Partners and the goals of Tesco and the team, which you will help define.
We are looking for an ambitious individual who can demonstrate a passion for solving problems, working collaboratively, and embracing technology and change in what is an exciting and broad area. This is a great opportunity to join a team focused on the development of the candidate to learn best practice of Product Management and fulfil their potential.
You will be responsible for
Whilst specific responsibilities will be dependent upon the changing needs of the Tesco business, the following provides an overview of the role’s key responsibilities and measures;
- Evolve the product roadmap involving writing user stories, managing the backlog and priorities.
- Understand and partner with multiple internal/ external stakeholders in line with the wider business and Product strategy.
- Understand key user personas, customers and stakeholders for the product and their pain points.
- Work alongside research, design, analytics, and engineering teams to design and develop solutions to solve real business needs.
- Work as part of a wider product team, with a culture for shared goals, helping where appropriate as the need arises.
- Understand and demonstrate all of the features of my product to different audiences within and outside of my immediate product team.
- Effectively document and explain new requirements to the engineering team using user stories, personas, and acceptance tests and help the team in breaking down a complex piece of work/ epic into smaller, deliverable chunks of value that can be delivered faster.
- Be accountable for the performance/ adoption of your product and work towards increasing it.
- Monitor competitor activity and market trends.
You will need
- Knowledge and experience of product management best practice and methodologies, especially an understanding of how to use a product vision and strategy to align with teams and stakeholders around key outcomes.
- The ability to build strong working relationships with peers, stakeholders, and teams across the business. Able to leverage these relationships to build consensus, drive change, and deliver value.
- Experience of working in a complex change environment which encompasses multiple product and engineering teams, both local and remote, to deliver enterprise-wide applications and features.
- An understanding of key UX/UI principles, and knowledge of how to apply these, including research methods and experimentation of ideas and hypotheses.
- Experience of creating insights from customer research to influence the product roadmap, and have knowledge of how to use the tools related to managing the roadmap.
Our vision at Tesco is to become every customer’s favourite way to shop, whether they are at home or out on the move. Our core purpose is “Serving our customers, communities and planet a little better every day”. Serving means more than a transactional relationship with our customers. It means acting as a responsible and sustainable business for all stakeholders, for the communities we are part of, and for the planet.
We are proud to have an inclusive culture at Tesco where everyone truly feels able to be themselves. At Tesco, we not only celebrate diversity, but recognise the value and opportunity it brings. We’re committed to creating a workplace where differences are valued, and make sure that all colleagues are given the same opportunities. We’re a big business with diverse working patterns and many business areas which means that we can find something that works for you. Everyone is welcome at Tesco.
We have recently announced that we are moving to a more blended working week – combining office and remote working. Our offices continue to be where we connect, collaborate and innovate. Talk to us about how this can work for you.
Note: Should you be successful in your application, your employment will be subject to and conditional upon you providing your bank account details on your agreed start date.