The following content displays a map of the jobs location - Welwyn Garden City
Associate Data Analyst - Product Analytics (Store Customer)
This job has been closed.
What’s in it for you
We offer excellent benefits that help make Tesco a great place to work! These include but are not limited to:
- Annual bonus scheme
- Holiday starting at 20 days, rising to 22 days after 12 months, plus a personal day (and bank holidays)
- Great colleague discounts and deals, saving you money on everyday purchases, utility bills for the home and more
- Retirement savings plan – save between 4% and 7.5% and Tesco will match your contribution
- Buy As You Earn and Save As You Earn share schemes
- Opportunities to get on – take advantage of our ongoing learning opportunities and award-winning training to help you achieve the career you want
About the role
We are looking for an Associate Data Analyst to join our Product Analytics team, where you will be working closely with our Store Product and UX teams in order to make product recommendations with colleagues and customers at the heart. A fantastic opportunity for someone at the start of their analytics career.
We also encourage Data Analysts to play active roles in the Analytics community giving you the opportunity to attend events, mentor others and get involved in our diversity & inclusion committees. There are also plenty of opportunities to learn new things and we have dedicated days for self-learning and personal development.
Furthermore, we have got an excellent work-life balance, team days and a fun but engaging culture.
About the Product Analytics & Optimisation Team
The Analytics and Optimisation team sits within the Customer and Serve Product department. Our mission is to deliver insightful and actionable recommendations through reporting, analysis, and optimisation; with a focus on establishing best-practice processes and enabling data-driven decision making across all product teams. Tesco Store Tills, Colleague Apps, Tesco Groceries, and Clubcard websites and apps are amongst the digital products supported by our team.
You will be responsible for
Whilst specific responsibilities will be dependent upon the changing needs of the Tesco business, the following provides an overview of the role’s key responsibilities and measures:
- Collaborate with Store Product Managers and UX leads to identify and understand their data needs, and help translate business challenges into questions and analysis, in order to make product recommendations with colleagues and customers at the heart.
- Help define business objectives/customer needs by capturing the right requirements from the right customers, and challenging assumptions.
- Participate in and contribute to setting objectives and goals for the Product teams you support and help measure these.
- Perform deep-dive analyses using a variety of data-capture and mining tools (Hadoop, Alteryx), and communicate findings and opportunities to Product teams.
- Create, maintain and automate monitoring and analysis dashboards using visualisation tools (Tableau).
- Create ad-hoc data visualisations following Tesco best-practice.
- Following our Business Code of Conduct and always acting with integrity and due diligence.
You will need
- A recent graduate with an analytics degree or up to 6months-2years of experience working within an analytics role
- Working effectively with a variety of people from different backgrounds and with different levels of data literacy
- Explaining complex systems and complicated information to stakeholders in relatable terms – you must be able to articulate complex concepts to a diverse audience.
- The ability to influence without authority, maintaining cross-functional relationships.
- Ability to thinking at a conceptual level across several customer interfaces (e.g. different tills, or different apps).
- Maintaining commercial and customer awareness in your work.
- SQL - Ideally having experience of accessing data using SQL
- Relevant experience in a quantitative disciple, or a similar university degree or higher
- Flexibility, ability to plan and organise, responsiveness, creativity, self-starter.
- Able to build solid working relationships with peers and senior leadership.
- Ability to demonstrate strong written, verbal communication and presentation skills to all levels of seniority and disciplines within the organisation.
Our vision at Tesco is to become every customer’s favourite way to shop, whether they are at home or out on the move. Our core purpose is “Serving our customers, communities and planet a little better every day”. Serving means more than a transactional relationship with our customers. It means acting as a responsible and sustainable business for all stakeholders, for the communities we are part of, and for the planet.
We are proud to have an inclusive culture at Tesco where everyone truly feels able to be themselves. At Tesco, we not only celebrate diversity, but recognise the value and opportunity it brings. We’re committed to creating a workplace where differences are valued, and make sure that all colleagues are given the same opportunities. We’re a big business with diverse working patterns and many business areas which means that we can find something that works for you. Everyone is welcome at Tesco.
We have recently announced that we are moving to a more blended working week – combining office and remote working. Our offices continue to be where we connect, collaborate and innovate. Talk to us about how this can work for you.
Note: Should you be successful in your application, your employment will be subject to and conditional upon you providing your bank account details on your agreed start date.